Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a volunteer at the show, set it up and packed it down. I also have a t/shirt to prove it.LOL Something that hasn't been said here is the cost restraints in organising this first show. Little things like extension cords and how to set them up for multiple stands and insurance and legal constraints are just teething problems. I know a lot has been learned by Adrian and next year will be a massive improvement, not that it wasn't great this year (I thought it was). How could you not get coffee.....The shop did great cappucinos:)

As far as the Easter Show is concerned, Anthony will be doing his talks on reptiles etc on the hour for 10 days and I believe the best in show comp will be there as well. Also volunteers will be in front of the stage with animals so the kids can get up close and personal.
As far as the reason.....I believe that the venue isn't available this year and the sheer volume of numbers at the Easter Show will advertise the hobby and conservation of all Aussie natives. (Instead of 10- 15000 per day think in 100000- millions through the door).

Last edited:
i understand where people are coming from inregards to the easter show, but on the other hand i see it like this, many people out there would like to start getting into reptiles yet don't know where to start, now we all know how we got started in reptiles, but for various reasons others out there don't know, perhaps some don't even really know it is an option. so something like this where people can actually see snakes, can ask questions and gain some knowledge, will be of benefit for the hobby as a whole. it is just a shame that this will come at a sacrifice to many already within the hobby.

Exactly, some members of the public would have no idea about the first port of call.

i understand where people are coming from inregards to the easter show, but on the other hand i see it like this, many people out there would like to start getting into reptiles yet don't know where to start, now we all know how we got started in reptiles, but for various reasons others out there don't know, perhaps some don't even really know it is an option. so something like this where people can actually see snakes, can ask questions and gain some knowledge, will be of benefit for the hobby as a whole. it is just a shame that this will come at a sacrifice to many already within the hobby.

I want to go on record as saying that I was totally disappointed in this Expo. Fancy having it when I have other committments. Then again, fancy having other committments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back