Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they only have 1 albino spotted in existence when they breed at such a young age. Only 1 adult...maybe?
They would not be letting hets go until they had proven the line and produced other albinos...otherwise they could not sell them as hets.

They also have albino Olives, Darwins, Bluetongues and ??? Not to mention all of their other cool locale stuff. I think it would have added a lot to their stand and the show if such a large breeder could have had some of their nicer adult animals on display.

As I said, I think the show was a great success overall and I also managed to pick up a great new little animal for my collection at a bargain price...thanks Bryce :D

Show's how much you know buddy. Have you asked John W how man albino macs he has? The original hets were sold with no guarantees. I love how others assume they know all the facts. How many albino olives does he have for sale? How many albino darwin's did he produce? You have all the answers, tell us. Seeing as i have asked John i know most of these answers. I saw melanistic and albino blueys at his table, wheatbelts and perthensis, gee your hard to please.

gird

My only issue was the timing of the expo. I thought the venue was great, food availability was good etc. I spoke to a couple of other breeders I ran into up there and they were of the same opinion, it's too early. I think that's why there weren't many Morelis sp. and heaps of Anteresia.
As has been mentioned though, I have no idea how having the expo later in the year would fit in wiith other expos/shows but it would definately be worth considering. Most people seem to be saying the same thing so having it later should solve these issues as more breeders will have more stock ready to be sold.

Was still a great way to spend the day though!!!

CHRS - was good alot more people than expected !!

great to see all the big names there

very busy around the tables

organisers you should be proud

I think it was great. You have to remember that many of the 'self rightious'who were major players in the frog and reptile show boycotted this one. What they need to understand is that the shows are for the reptile enthusiasts not for the money grabbers. They have committed suicide anyway putting it on with the easter show, no one can sell it is just for PR. Im not fighting the crowds at easter and paying $100 entry. I think this show for its first was fantastic. Remember the first FRS. at Darling Harbour. It was 25% of this one. Good work hope more shows are planned, shame Macarthur didnt have one. I met lots of friends had a great time networking. Book me a table for next year

They have committed suicide having a reptile show at the Royal Easter Show???
I personally think it is a VERY, Forward thinking and great move for the Wild Expo organisers to do this.
We need to ATTRACT more people from the public into the hobby. People already in the hobby is not what they are aiming at. I would like to know who the 'self righteous major players' are? I wasn't there, maybe I am one ?? :lol::lol::lol:

NO organisers on the day can be responsible for the choice of animals for sale. That is such a ridiculous whinge.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Fay. The organisers did a fantastic job and can't be blamed. Adrian already said he agrees that it was a little too early (illustrated by the guy selling diamonds that were having their first ever sheds right there in the container) but he didn't have much choice with the time available to book the hall.
The choice to take it to the Easter show should be great for the hobby too. Even though it is getting more popular there still isn't a big enough market to have supplies available everywhere and at reasonable prices. Plus people are always whinging that you can't give away hatchys these days. New enthusiasts means more business for the breeders. Even they can't complain about that surely

Dont let the knockers bother you it was all done very well. There are always the people that criticise but have no idea. As to the ones that say how much money you must be making, they just dont have the slightest clue what's involved in such an exercise and how much it really costs. I had to outlay over $6000 to just do a stall at this expo and VHS so you can imagine the costs involved in running the whole show..

As far as the Easter Show goes, I think it'll be great exposure of course. I know a few aquarium societies that lament no longer having that venue.

$6000 to do your stall? Wow.

We have acrylic displays on our website (under the product drop down menu) that we specifically manufacture for expos. There will be quite a few of them at the Melbourne expo! I might even post a few pictures after the event.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i thought it was good. Plenty of people there who we interested in getting a licence! I had fun which at the end of the day is all that really matters.

Yep - full marks to the organisers and participants. Of course it could always be done differently, if it wasn't to your taste or expectation... but the only for that to happen is to get off your butt and do it yourself... and I bet that ain't gonna happen!

I thought it was very good indeed, and as a first effort for the organisers, an absolute credit to them.

Jamie

We have acrylic displays on our website (under the product drop down menu) that we specifically manufacture for expos. There will be quite a few of them at the Melbourne expo! I might even post a few pictures after the event.

I am not sure if its just me , but they are not displaying properly on your website .

I was going to ask about those displays, they seem like a great way to avoid theft problems w the chinese food container method. I am a complete newbie, but I didn't expect so many big sellers to use this method at an expo.

all in all, the show was a great success, had a great time and was great to catch up with online friends!

I couldn't be happier with the $300 rsp i got, she's a little champ!

Anything special??? Mate, you missed out on some amazing womas!!! Ever heard of a 'pygmy wa woma'? I hadn't! But it's ok, it turns out i have 11 of them... Incredible!

Let me explain: First, you take some boodarie womas, dont feed them nearly enough to get any decent size on them, breed them young and small and then sell them to unsuspecting customers as 'pygmy wa womas'! Don't forget to have a small sub-adult on the table claiming it to be the 'fully grown adult male that fathered the clutch', that parts the money maker!

lmao....

Unfortunately due to prior commitments I did not have a stand at this show, however I did pop in early in the morning whilst everyone was setting up to pick up a snake and it appeared as if all the usual suspects were present selling herps. The show certainly looked promising and it seems it was really busy, always a good thing for future events. This is the first show I have not had a table at in NSW since we have been able to sell herps at them and certainly won't miss the next one. Was good to breifly catch up with a few peeps before I had to get back home.

Grats to the organisers and hope they make it bigger and better next year.

Last edited:
Fay, my comment about the easter show is my opinion only, I may be wrong but I know for a fact that in all the years I went to the Easter Show,strangely enough I never went and had the undesireable urge to go and buy a horse or a cow. I think you will find the majority will be sightsee ers.

I didn't think there were animals on sale at the Easter show? I thought this was just show animals and retailers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back