Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to use Internet explorer to navigate my site Brett.

7892cd02-60e3-eb05.jpg

Fay, my comment about the easter show is my opinion only, I may be wrong but I know for a fact that in all the years I went to the Easter Show,strangely enough I never went and had the undesireable urge to go and buy a horse or a cow. I think you will find the majority will be sightsee ers.

I realise that this is your opinion, as it is mine.
Comparing buying a horse or cow would be a little different than buying a reptile as a pet. Anyhow, we will see, just good to see that at least someone was gutsy enough to give it a go and trial it.

Heaps of beardies and pygmy beardies from what I saw.
I know they aren't dragons but there were also about a billion different geckos and one small lacey that sold in about the first hour

i had a great day out i bought a couple of snakes i got to meet adrian and Daniel the organizers of the expo for a first off expo i think they did a great

Yeah people love the little beardies. They have cute faces that I think the chicks love.
I agree it was a great day. I volunteered all day and got to meet some really friendly experienced people.

Reading through this and other related threads, it seems that some people thought there wasn't enough monitors, not enough this and that. Those people obviously have interest in certain groups of reptiles and probably have some in their collections.
Why not to bring them in next time? You don't have to be a breeder selling animals, you can just exhibit your pride & joy. For a mere $150.- (for the table), you have a chance to promote the animals you like and spark interest in others. Think about it for next year.

Yeah great way to put it. thats what is about getting people involved in animals that you are interested in

>You have to remember that many of the 'self rightious'who were major players in the frog and reptile show boycotted this one.<
If your referring to retail outlets when you refer to Major players, you have to remember it was organised by Extreme Pets, therefore would be silly to invite retail competition. Smart move on their part.
If your referring to people helping out/breeders/etc boycotting, perhaps they didn't want to support a commercial venture that only benefitted a pet shop as opposed to supporting a Herpetological Society event. I noticed one of the prominant Herpetolical Societies did not have a stall there.
Also Macherps have bigger things to worry about right now, such as getting their bookwork up to scratch, before attempting another show. Maybe some new blood in their committee can sort this out, and get back to the stage they were at 3 years ago?

This was not held by Extreme Pets in anyway and many retail outlets were invited but chose not to come. There loss.
They are the ones whom are not supporting the industry and hobby of reptile keeping. Even if another outlet ran a show we at Extreme pets If invited would attend to support the knowledge and promotion of reptiles. We believe they make excellant pets.

I thought it was good.My only problem was looking at animal stalls with the crowd.I believe instead of dividing the crowded livestock areas from the less crowded product stalls mix them up together and spread them out a bit.There seemed to be a bit of extra space down the back where the products were.I agree with others that it was possibly a bit early in year in regards to available offspring,and also even though im not interested in them where were all the jags?

National Parks will not allow reptiles to be in the areas where products are for sale that is a big no no

Last edited by a moderator:
What type of Dragons where being sold at the expo? Anything out of the ordinary or just mega loads of Beardies?

there was also angle heads,mountain dragons, and netteds

I thought the expo was pretty good. Came away with Albino darwin, Albino Bluey, 2 x 100% hets blacks and a nice woma.

Pines

This was not held by Extreme Pets in anyway
My apologies, it was my understanding that 'Extreme Reptile Supplies' was your online store. I don't know where the other retail stores I spoke to got their info from? Anyways, regardless of who organised it, it was a great turnout and I will be attending next year again. Great to see you guys support the hobby with your presence, even if the other guys couldn't be bothered.

The most important thing about these expos is that it gets people reinvigorated in the hobby. It builds enthusiasm amongst fellow herpers and motivates them on striving to improve. Sure there is some jealousy and animosity toward some but i see this as healthy as it drives competition. The standards at all these shows is gradually improving and it's good to see the some of the general public just as inspired. I'm sure in converted a few on the weekend.

Gird

Congratulations

this expo was in no way a slight let down, i personally worked at this expo and my congratulations go out to adrian hemens and
daniel garcia for putting on this event , what a great job they both did and i cant wait for their next one.
considering it was their first expo it was pretty dam good , to all the sceptics and others who want to whinge about it maybe you should all get off your rear ends and run your own , as far as im concerned good on both of you guys great job only 12 months till the next one !!!!!!!! habib lol!!!!
woodsie

Last edited:
was great show im pleased to have been apart of it, adrian and daniel made it a great day, great to see the amount of people who came, and the amount of first timers who had come out, the only thing that i found a let down was that sunburst not being for sale....

I didn't think there were animals on sale at the Easter show? I thought this was just show animals and retailers
only people with exipihition lic, retailers can only go for advertisment, no one is aloud to sell anything to my understanding

Last edited:
I was disappointed as a retailer, when asking for stall sizes and prices they took several weeks to reply and when they did, they wanted a 50% deposit within 7 days.....
If it was organized a bit better, it may have been bigger than it turned out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back