Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I shouldn't have rushed in. I spent 2 months researching ants and so I feel I have a good knowledge of them. But no one was selling and even when they were they never got back to me. So when the Jungle came along only did a small bit of research. I have definately failed as a snake keeper, its people like me who give snake keepers a bad name.

Im now prepared to wait for ages before I get that perfect Childrens/Stimson. I know some of them can be abit snappy but they seem to settle down with age and handling and its kind of hard to find an overly aggressive one. Like I say being in Cairns your opptunity to get any decent snake is very slim
you haven't failed you just need to get your priorities straight and not rush into it so much , if it where me and i wanted an ant i would have waited and got one in hatchling season like i was advised by so many ;)
but then again if i where in your situation id stick with it with my jungle , some snakes aren't handlers (ive got one) but you can still have them , see how it goes for a while if you are comfortable enough to get it out for cleaning etc and can still meet its needs even though its a feisty bugger then id keep it myself (thats just me) but if you find you cant do those things to keep it healthy then move it on it would be better for you and your snake

You have NO idea...

You said a second ago that you will sell on or TRADE your jungle, that does not inspire hope of patience. Your jungle is a hatchy and even if he latched on he can't hurt you and you have no idea whether given time, patience and commitment your Jungle may well settle down and become a lovely snake, it can't do that in a week.

There are pelnty of threads on here and handlers who don't like Anterasias like Spotteds because they have encountered ones that are outright aggresive. If a baby jungle puts you off so will a narky Stimi/Mac/Childrens.

I agree with you, but from what i've read Jungles are more prone to be aggressive than ants and it keeps playing in the back of mind that Jungles have that reputation, as where ants are more recommened for first timers because of their nature.

I will waited until I find a calm and placid Childrens, i'll ask the breeders what their temperment is like. I noticed a few sellers on here advertise there snakes to be calm. So I will wait for as long as need be. I will be asking around for getting a 2013 hatchy of a Childrens. It appears that they are the ideal snake

I mean I could keep my Jungle, but feel that another keeper would enjoy it far more than I would. I know rushing in was such a foolish mistake, I should have listened to the more experience breeders. Im hoping that if I can sell or give it away to a breeder who is willing to look after a Jungle then hopefully because it is still young the damage of my irresponsible actions will only be minamal on the snakes health, to think that I have jeopardized the snakes wellbeing would be my greatest unhappiness

Do what you want, you have so far and you will continue to.

I personally would give the jungle a bit more time. Most hatchies are snappy, especially if they have just moved homes. Take your time getting it out of the click clack. Be as calm as you can as if you are worried you will probably freak it out. The worst thing that can happen is it bites you. Big deal it probably won't even break the skin.

Like I said you do what you want, enough advice has been thrown your way. I am not about to add any more than I already have but rather I'll sit here and see what the next few months bring for you and whatever snake you have.

I have no idea what im suppose to do. Im getting so emotional and upset, why didn't I just get a Childrens python. I f I was in Brisbane this would have never happened

If you are getting upset and emotional, here is what I would do...
1. Leave this thread alone and don't start any until you have made a decision. You really don't need others opinions as at the end of the day it is your decision.
2. Don't rush into any decision and get emotional. Give the jungle at least another week, by then you shouldnt be as emotional. If you still feel like you can't cope then move it on.
3. It is going to be about a month until you can get a childreni, take your time and do some more research.

By the way I don't see how been in brizzy would have helped you still would have rushef into it.

You could do a few things.....
1/ Move to Briz-vegas
2/ Be patient, keep saving
3/ See a shrink

;) :lol:

edit: I wonder if you could get a 'python' app on your phone? or maybe on x-box? Wii? :lol:

Last edited:
Im so over you lot seriously, next time just don't post ok
Lol your asking others not to post on a forum? Here's an idea if you don't like to hear the truth, don't post on a public forum. Do you really expect people to sugar coat sugarcoat there responses just because you are getting emotional and make hasty decisions? That's not how it works.

Mate, compared to many threads on here you have nothing to bitch about. All of the replies have been quite polite and there hasn't been any name calling. If you are fed up try this on for size, someone comes to you and asks for advice several times and ignores everything you tell them and still they ask you for advice, what would you do?

Harden up princess it's a public forum that has offered you nothing but sound advice. You ignored all of it rushed in and grabbed something on impulse and now you aren't happy with it, how is that our fault? Man up and take ownership of your mistake, find a good home for your beautiful Jungle and buy a budgie!

how dare you, im getting a childrens python and thats final, you all are just rude and disrespectful. though your probably racist would explain alot really

how dare you, im getting a childrens python and thats final, you all are just rude and disrespectful. though your probably racist would explain alot really
hahaha no ones said a single thing in this whole thread that is racist , people have told you whats what and they would of done the same if you where the colours of the bloody rainbow

Easy on the personal insults mate, no one has done it to you. This thread is full of great recommendations for you but as this is not a dictatorship and we did not force you into a Jungle, it was you own choice. You seemed very keen to get an Ant and we all supported you and suddenly you ended up with a Jungle despite what you had heard about them, once again, your choice.

if you want to ask the questions and seek advice, its up to you to take from what we offer and make your decision If you choose to go against what those with experience have to say, don't expect our sympathy when the worst happens. Now, 2 things...

1. What do you ultimately want to own, regardless of where it is located and price and why? I'm sure there are a few members not yet put off by your attitude to help.
and
2. How did you age 4 years in a week? ;)

Last edited:
First time ive seen Gruni angry :/ cant blame ya tho
Whats the laws in Queensland about selling snakes just after u got them? here in NSW u have to wait at least 6 months after purchase before u can sell it.

First time ive seen Gruni angry :/ cant blame ya tho
Whats the laws in Queensland about selling snakes just after u got them? here in NSW u have to wait at least 6 months after purchase before u can sell it.

Yea, 6 months here too. I doubt if he actually has a snake at all, Just a troll I reckon :rolleyes: He has had so much good advice and offers of help from the family on here, he could have had exactly what he wanted with a little bit of patients. Goes to show, some people you just cant help.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back