Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, you learn by your mistakes. Yes you should of done a lot of resurch befor hand, but it to late now, so saying your going to get rid of it cause is snappy ( ill take it if its free) every snake is snappy at frist,
how long have you have it let it settle for a few weeks.
Also my sister did the same thing as you she wanted a snake.. Next weeks she got one. Then made 100's of thread's about
" my snake keeps striking at me "
" when do snakes poo"
" how long can snakes hold there breath"
so heaps of people have done it.
But in a year or 2 you will regreat selling it or giving it a way.
It like giving away you child cause it bites you,

blakey

Thank you for this advice Blakey, I think im going to stick it out. And its reassuring that you sister managed to get through a similar situation. Cos I will always wonder what happened to Francesca (the snake). Well she had just completed a shed, it looks like it came off clean, so I must be doing something right.

Tuesday I will brave it and begin to handle her (I'll post some pics, since apparently im keeping a non existent snake). and of course not only will it be the rewarding feeling of a having a beautiful and some what calm snake, but also showing people im not as dumb as i look

Thank you for this advice Blakey, I think im going to stick it out. And its reassuring that you sister managed to get through a similar situation. Cos I will always wonder what happened to Francesca (the snake). Well she had just completed a shed, it looks like it came off clean, so I must be doing something right.

Tuesday I will brave it and begin to handle her (I'll post some pics, since apparently im keeping a non existent snake). and of course not only will it be the rewarding feeling of a having a beautiful and some what calm snake, but also showing people im not as dumb as i look

I can assure you that people didn't think you were dumb because of your looks.

I can assure you that people didn't think you were dumb because of your looks.
haha nope , i didn't anyway , my opinion is based solely on how he has presented himself through out this thread

Hahaha good old fulmer...

I might just offer something somewhat constructive while I'm here about my experience... Op good to see that you've decided to persist. My first snake was a jungle, an while I'd done a fair bit of research before buying it, it was just general research. After looking at a few, I decided that a jungle was what I wanted... Then the specific research came. Started to worry at that point, everywhere I read there was comments about feisty jungles and how snappy they are... What was I getting myself in to. I'd made a decision though, regretfully at this stage I might add, so forward I went. He was an absolute **** for the first few weeks and I was thinking it was going to be a nightmare. Persistence paid off... Kept at it, and now he's a dream to handle. I've added 3 more jungles to the collection and haven't looked back even though I thought it was going to be a very short lived acquisition early on

Changing the profile pic might help ;)

Good to hear she shed mate, give it a day or so and then try feed her, then give her some more time to settle before handling her.

Just my 2c (Maybe if we relate advice to money, you might take it;))

If your snake was in it's shed cycle when you bought it (which it would have been as that is a 12 day cycle) it would explain a lot about why it was snappy and defensive.

Oh and BTW I judge people as I find them not how they look.

Its good that uv'e decided to keep the jungle (tho technically u would have to anyway) good luck with taming it down, she may take a little while but with regular handling, she will settle, most jungles as they age will become docile, from my understanding they are more snappy for the first year of their life. Jungles are gorgeous pythons, whether she's snappy for the rest of her life (very unlikely) or as docile as a childrens python, they are still nice to have in any collection. :)

2. How did you age 4 years in a week? ;)
good point sniper , im curious slytherin00 why did you change your age last i remember you where 18 , your years must be really short in cairns

good point sniper , im curious slytherin00 why did you change your age last i remember you where 18 , your years must be really short in cairns

Maybe he was in that much of a rush that even his age was forced to go quicker lol
Just kidding (i dont really wanna be the bad girl here lol)

Last edited:
Maybe he was in that much of a rush that even his age was forced to go quicker lol
Just kidding (i dont really wanna be the bad guy here lol)
i smell pie , porky kinda pie

:shock:eek:h albino your a guy , i thought you were a giwl

Um thomass im not sure what your talking about, i was born on Nov 18/11/ 92, and yesterday I was 19 and today was my birthday so that makes me 20. So unless you u got got confused and thought 19 was 18 I don't know. But seeming im always wrong I'll post a pic of my drivers license up here tomorrow to prove it

Happy birthday for yesterday :)

Pic didnt work, wait yes it did. At 10 pages long yep

Ah Ratbags this thread was meant to be over like ages ago. I asked joy if she freights her ants. Then people decided teasing Jay is an awesome way to past the time. So im offically signing out of this thread kiddos. So say what you want about me, im like so over pretty much all of you

I would have been happy to freight a beautiful spotted up to you for cheap.

Then I read the rest of the thread. Uh, yeah, no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back