Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cogger-1975 and 6th edition -2000

One of my first Reptile books that I purchased was in 1976 ( Cogger 1975 edition )and years later the sixth edition I purchased in 2000.

Attachments

• PC280046-1.JPG
    PC280046-1.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 67
  • PC280045.jpg
    PC280045.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 64
I have the 3rd edition, the one with the frill-neck on the cover. Any ideas what that would be worth?

I have the 3rd edition, the one with the frill-neck on the cover. Any ideas what that would be worth?

I paid $1 for mine but have watched a few sell on ebay and they averaged about what JP2 estimated.

Personally i don't see what all the fuss is about as alot of this stuff is available on line now.

GSXR,

They are more so collectors items rather than reference books these days. If you're into herp books, you will notice people will pay insane amounts of money for mint condition, old books. There are some herp books published in the mid 1800's that sell for over $10,000 Australian.

Yeah that's true. That and they make a good paperweight lol.
I'll still hang onto my one though as i am trying to get a collection together but only have about 100/120 books and mags :(

Last edited:
:D
I was pm'd a list by a fellow member a little while back and i haven't even put a dent in it. lol
Next time you come over to our place you can have a look.

I haven't counted how many i have, but there's a few there. Got some of the older ones from the 50's. There's a few i've been after for years, but have never seen them outside of my high school library. I rarely by herp books these days unless they are on just pythons or just monitors etc.

I think i have Coggers 5th edition. It has a Thorny Devil on the cover. Also have his "Australian Reptiles in Colour" book.

I

I think i have Coggers 5th edition. It has a Thorny Devil on the cover. Also have his "Australian Reptiles in Colour" book.

I have 2 copies of the Australian reptiles in colour book. I actually got a copy of that and
" The Dangerous snakes of Africa" on the weekend. :D

brief description? Im gathering it is a "picture" book? and how much do you reckon you could pick one up for?

Cheers...
Ash

Nah, i wouldnt say its a picture book. It's your typical reptile book with info on our reptiles and their habitats, but definately does not cover all our reptiles.

I got mine for $15 from Mike Swan Herp Books.

brief description? Im gathering it is a "picture" book? and how much do you reckon you could pick one up for?

Cheers...
Ash

It is a small book of approx" 112 pages with some coloured pics throughout (hence reptiles in colour ;).

I have seen these go on ebay anywhere between $10 and $60, depending on condition and date of issue.
Hope this helps.

Mine is a newer edition with a Water Dragon on the cover. How about your two? Southern Forest Dragon or Water?

One has a thorny devil ( a blue 1967 edition) and the second has the Water dragon (a revised orange 1984 edition).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back