Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahbell

Reaction score
as we have a large back yard and at the moment very over grown iv been keeping an eye out for snakes and lizards this is what i have found so far

1 very large tiapan
a colony of bearded dragons
afew blue tounges
lots of garden skinks
2 baby tiapans
1 black snake
pale face whip snakes

and two things that im not quite sure what they are one is a golden coloured skink whitch is about 30cm long and a black snake with a white head

What backyard? :(

Lucky you Sarahbell! Sounds great!
I'm envious of you and Graham, he seems to have all sorts of fantastic herps around his place as well.
Post some pics if you can! :)

Hey sarahbell it's not a hoplocephalus bitorquatus (pale headed snake) is it? If you do a search on Google you'll get pics....

Cheers,

John.

Beardies (eastern,) Blue tongues (common,) Burtons legless lizard and garden skinks :D

Well, there's a colony of eastern water dragons, plus we have a resident land mullet, some swamp snakes, and the occasional blue tongue. Late last year I also found the skull of what I think might be a death adder. Which would be both cool and scary. :)

it looks like a pale headed snake except the head was completely white its a nice looking snake it lives in our shed at the moment

and yes we do have tiapans in the back yard but my theory is if you leave them alone they hopefully will leave you alone

I don't have anything on my balcony, but i used to have green tree snakes, garden skinks, water skinks, and blueys in the backyard. Also spotted marsh frogs

All I've found in my little backyard is garden skinks and lots of blue tongues.

Seriously :shock:

You have TAIPAN'S in your backyard :?: :?: :?: TAIPANS :shock:

Man...I'm lucky if I ever see a damn Lampropholis guichenoti (Garden Skink)...let alone a TAIPAN.

Although...I do have two Green Tree Frogs who are regular visitors.

Mel x

Various skinks (not too clued up on what's what yet)
Diamond Pythons
RBBS
Land Mullet
Blue Tongue (Sandy mottled pattern)
Eastern Water Dragons
Bearded Dragons (I think - memory's going)
I saw one tree snake (a brown one)
Lace Monitors

I'll keep thinking........have to go home now

then there's the amphibians.................

I suprised that no one has mentioned eastern Brown snakes, them ,shingle backs and other assorted lizards are about all you see round canberra, but the brown snake would easy be the most common herp barring lizards round Canberra.

OZ

no herps in this backyard, occasionally spot a frog over the wet season tho

garden skinks
water dragon
brown snake
rbbs
blue tongue
white skinks
water skinks
banjo frogs
green tree frogs
rocket frogs

resident blue tongue who is great.
Various snakes mainly Tigers and eastern browns
lotsa skinks (in fact one lives under the table of the snake tank in my lounge room)
Various geckos, itty bitty brown frogs that look white when the light shines on them
and hell of a lot of tortoises

herps

Lot's of skinks in the back yard and one very large skink that lives under my fridge - he's been there for about a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back