Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't counted how many i have, but there's a few there. Got some of the older ones from the 50's. There's a few i've been after for years, but have never seen them outside of my high school library. I rarely by herp books these days unless they are on just pythons or just monitors etc.

I think i have Coggers 5th edition. It has a Thorny Devil on the cover. Also have his "Australian Reptiles in Colour" book.

yeh thats the one ive got serp 5 th edition and the one earlier with the frill neck on the cover,cant see the fuss really,liked worrells bible the most and Song of the snake.
My favourite book in the late 60s was David Mcphees australian snakes and lizards published in 1959,still a good read,used to love the page on the diamond snake,read it so often that wore the book out and it fell to pieces.

is this a list of the "best" herp books? pm me me also please...

hahaha just scored me a copy of "reptiles in colour" by Cogger...

Thanx gsxr boy...

i have a pristine 5th edition of the cogger book,with thorny devil on the cover,i dont get the fuss,id swap it for a female ridgey or storrs though,i find them harder to find

Be careful. Once you get the bookbug it's pretty hard to shakeoff. This is one of my bookcases, and yes they are all herp books!

Attachments

• IMG_1506.jpg
    IMG_1506.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 52
steve wilson's books are great ,and are not out of the price range of most people ....if you want a more concentrated book about reptiles and live in the PERFECT STATE...lol ....then the field guide to reptiles of queensland is a must :).......very easy to understand and not to complicated ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back