Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snakes in other country ARE more "deadly"... DEADLY being the operative word... meaning they cause deaths in humans. There is no doubt that our species are more toxic/venomous but they are not more deadly as they do not cause large numbers of deaths due to our advanced medicine and the small likelyhood of getting bitten by one due to an encounter.

Complete bull... Their is no proof that australian snakes are more toxic/venomous to humans than asian and african snakes... Absolutely zero... Do I really need to post those accounts again that destroy the credibility of the mice test? I did it in the previous thread and will gladly do it again

Mmafan55, tell me how African animals are deadlier?:

Lmao!!! How not? Anyone with a brain should be able to realize that Australia really doesn't have all that many dangerous animals...They have potentially dangerous venomous snakes like virtually every other continent.. Yet they only have 1 large dangerous animals[ salty] that goes onto land and maybe those introduced buffalo and wild board that aren't native. Then you have some small animals[ cone snail, blue ringed octopus, red back, stonefish that have killed like 0-5 people in the last 25 years and you actuality are going to compare them to say elephants and hippos and rhinos?? Lol

Or that vaccinations cause autism! LOL!!!

Lol your equating me saying that the danger of australian animals is overhyped/overstated based on the fact that they barely ever kill people and have like 1 dangerous large animal on land to a conspiracy theorey...

No one in this thread has ever said that Australia is the most deadly place on Earth - we're all in the guidelines and realms of truth.

I hear it all the time from australians.. I could be posting in a thread about the housing prices in Brisbane and some Aussie will come in and 'warn" or brag to me about all those dangerous aussie animals... It's really quite annoying and I wonder how Aussies would act if they actullay had alot of realistically dangerous animals like in Africa. Lol that would be amusing..

I love Australia/Australians but they are definite exaggerators about their animals and I think it has to do with their European ancestry. They probably do it as an attempt to differentiate ourselves from other western cultures. As their culture is very similar/influenced by USA/UK, so they use their "deadly" nature to make Australia seem unique. I think it also has to do with making them look tough etc...Now if they bragged about how unique and beautiful their country is.. and about the barrier reef etc than that would be very true... But the deadly animals.....

Australia/Canada/ Western Europe/Scandinavian are the best places to live on earth... America is good but not as good as those imo... and Americans can be are dumb/arrogant compared to those countries which I also dont like. Australia is also one of the most beautiful countries in the world hands down.. But please stop with the animals or the danger of living in Australia lol

Last edited:
Complete bull... Their is no proof that australian snakes are more toxic/venomous to humans than asian and african snakes... Absolutely zero... Do I really need to post those accounts again that destroy the credibility of the mice test? I did it in the previous thread and will gladly do it again

:lol: Actually, you proved nothing! More like negative zero ;) You're just making yourself look stupid.

:lol: Actually, you proved nothing! More like negative zero ;) You're just making yourself look stupid.

+1

MMA FAN .....You never answered my question what have done with Australian venomous Snakes?

Cement...I know a few snake handlers that use grump 6 to 8 ft Coastal Taipans in shows (myself included)

Inlands are not always placid.....

Cheers,
Scott

Oh you're saying most Australian snakes aren't deadly? I wonder if you'll be thinking the same after getting bitten by a brown snake or taipan or tiger snake. Take your pick. And yes hippos are deadly, but you're not likely to find a hippo in your house. While in Australia I've had 2 deadly snakes in my house... And I've only been here for 6 months!!!

No, he's saying because we aren't tribal people wandering around barefoot with no medical assistance and getting picked off by lions, buffalo and hippos we're blowing the deadliness of some of our native animals out of perspective :lol: :lol:

Personally I think America has the deadliest things to humans! They're called Burger King, Funions, Twinkies, Coke & McDonalds!! Those pussy Lions and leopards don't hold a candle to those giant killers!! :lol:

Oh you're saying most Australian snakes aren't deadly? I wonder if you'll be thinking the same after getting bitten by a brown snake or taipan or tiger snake. Take your pick. And yes hippos are deadly, but you're not likely to find a hippo in your house.!!!

Reading comprehension= fail.. For the 20th time lol I never said that Australian snakes arent deadly or that australia doesn't have deadly animals. I've said that theirs no proof that Australian snakes are the most venomous to humans and that Australian snakes are kind of overrated in comparison to snakes elsewhere.[ particularly Asia] I also said that Australia has less deadly animals overall by far than Africa and Asia and imo less than North America aswell. And no I wouldn't be debating on a forum after I got bitten by a taipan or a brown.. I would be getting my *** to a hospital as fast as possible just as you would if you were bitten by a krait or a russells viper.

but you're not likely to find a hippo in your house. While in Australia I've had 2 deadly snakes in my house... And I've only been here for 6 months!!!

Lol and what? People in Africa and Asia never see venomous snakes up close or they never encounter them.. How do you explain the 15,000 deaths in India each year than?

No, he's saying because we aren't tribal people wandering around barefoot with no medical assistance and getting picked off by lions, buffalo and hippos we're blowing the deadliness of some of our native animals out of perspective :lol: :lol:

Personally I think America has the deadliest things to humans! They're called Burger King, Funions, Twinkies, Coke & McDonalds!! Those pussy Lions and leopards don't hold a candle to those giant killers!! :lol:

They do this in India?? Lol.. I have already stated a few times that you cant compare a third world country to Australia[ even through many parts of India arent 3rd world].. Of course this would be a flawed comparison.. But still the fact remains. Australia has almost ZERO dangerous large potentially land dwelling animals other than the crocodile. Now think of Asia and Africa and North America. Then you have all those quote on quote "deadly marine animals" that kill like 5 people every 30 years and this somehow makes australia a land where everyone needs to watch out for dangerous animals? Even looking at the snakes AMERICA has more snakebite deaths per year than Australia. Of course America has a MUCH larger total population but most of the deaths occur in the much less populated southern part of America anyway. And in australia their are more venomous snakes and they are more closely associated with human settlements and they are protected by law where as in America they are unfortunately killed by morons all the time and arent protected.

You guys also have the spiders.. but other countries have similar spiders[ of course not the funnel webs but their not deadly anyway remember! Because they didnt score high at all on the beloved mice test :) So they must not badly affect humans and primates aswell!! ] And plus, all kidding aside other countries/continents have similar animals. India has the nasty red scorpion and various other countries/continents have nasty types of scorpions that cause alot more deaths than venomous spiders anywhere do.

And how exactly would walking barefoot and getting medical assistence really save you from a lion or hippo or elephant attack?? If those animals want you dead chances are you are dead or seriously hurt no matter if you get the best medical care in the history of the planet. Not comparable to a venomous animal.

+1

MMA FAN .....You never answered my question what have done with Australian venomous Snakes?

Cement...I know a few snake handlers that use grump 6 to 8 ft Coastal Taipans in shows (myself included)

Inlands are not always placid.....

Cheers,
Scott

Nothing as they are extremely hard/impossible to get outside of Australia.. Secondly I wouldnt want to even if I could as I dont risk my life keeping such animals as pets... Not my thing and I would prefer to just study venom and get/read as much information on it as I possibly can. You dont have to own/handle snakes often to know alot about them/ and snake venom.

And I dont doubt at all that the coastal[ or papuan] taipans are probably top 3 hardest snakes to handle.. They are quite agile and alert snakes with a very high metabolism and would be a nightmare to handle one. I also think that they [taipans] are a top 3 and maybe number 1 most venomous snake to humans[ as I stated multiple times on the other thread] of course I can only guess because their is no test on humans for obvious reasons.

Aren't coastals rather uncommon in Australia? I know they are very common in some areas of papua new guinea[ the papuan type] but I have heard that they are pretty rare/hard to find in Australia.. Which seems strange to me as they arent affected by the cane toad and I would think that because of the relative decreasing of some snakes due to the cane toad that the taipans would become more common.

Last edited:
mmmafan555 it appears that the only person spruiking "Australia has the deadliest" is you. Give it a rest mate. You are really boring. If you want to contribute and share your knowledge, thats great. But considering your last post you have "jack" evidence/ knowledge but great typing skills. Go lay down in your hide.

I can still hear the confusion between deadliest and 'deaths'.

Now lets take a completely fictional land where cone shells are terrestrial and inhabit many nooks and crannys of people's abodes.

There's no denying that the cone shell is one of the DEADLIEST animals in the sea... And if it was on land, and inhabited nooks and crannys of people's houses it would also be the DEADLIEST on land....

The fact it may kill less than 5 people in a year, does not make it LESS DEADLY... it just makes it more avoidable.

If by chance our terrestrial cone shell inhabited let's say the USA (we can all but dream) households. There'd be 1) an increase chance someone could get harpooned and 2) a lot more medical study to find an antivenom for it.

It still does not make it any less DEADLY...

The World English Dictionary states:

1. likely to cause death: deadly poison ; deadly combat

So it is a 'potential'

A legal dictionary also suggests that it is a 'potential'.

Now... We go back to the LD50 debate of previous threads - and there's a POTENTIAL to kill x number of mice, pigs, sheep, dogs, monkeys etc etc - dependant on what they're testing.

That potential is extrapolated (in some cases - especially drug trials) into 'human' terms - it gives a 'potential' and is the best possible idea we can have without testing directly on humans - though of course I wish some humans would donate their lives to this science.

It is not an exact science...

But it is fairly close when it comes to the poor mice involved.

So - potentially speaking... Australia has some DEADLY animals... That is what this THREAD is about... do you understand that mmafan555? (this is merely a yes or no answer).

Secondly - this thread is not about comparing apples with pears, or watermelons for that fact. It is about AUSTRALIA - that is where I live... Not Asia... if I moved to Asia I might have written a thread, Come to Asia and die... And included cobras, vipers or what ever else they have.. hippos running through the streets of Nepal...

It doesn't matter really... because all I see you doing (mmafan555) is lowering your intelligence and displaying a typical American attitude... the one that most Aussies hate.

Stop telling people they're no good... and start understanding that this thread is about the potential - not the number of deaths attributed to animals per year... Which for snakes can be from 3 - 6 per year in Australia - which is NOTHING on the black mamba's toll in Africa... That is for sure... But apples to oranges, and cucumber to apricots....

They do this in India?? Lol.. I have already stated a few times that you cant compare a third world country to Australia[ even through many parts of India arent 3rd world]..

Australia has tens of thousands of people living in third world conditions.

And how exactly would walking barefoot and getting medical assistence really save you from a lion or hippo or elephant attack?? If those animals want you dead chances are you are dead or seriously hurt no matter if you get the best medical care in the history of the planet. Not comparable to a venomous animal.

Nothing as they are extremely hard/impossible to get outside of Australia.. We do have wild hippos and other large and dangerous land animals in Australia.

Aren't coastals rather uncommon in Australia? I know they are very common in some areas of papua new guinea[ the papuan type] but I have heard that they are pretty rare/hard to find in Australia.. Which seems strange to me as they arent affected by the cane toad and I would think that because of the relative decreasing of some snakes due to the cane toad that the taipans would become more common.

Tais are affected by cane toads.

I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror -
The wide brown land for me!

Waruikazi,

How are Taipans affected by Cane Toads, other than possibly increasing in numbers to fill a gap left by generalist species?

Cheers,
Scott

I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror -
And hippos running free!

mmmafan555 it appears that the only person spruiking "Australia has the deadliest" is you. Give it a rest mate. You are really boring. If you want to contribute and share your knowledge, thats great. But considering your last post you have "jack" evidence/ knowledge but great typing skills. Go lay down in your hide.

What are you talking about? I posted quite alot of evidence on the ld50 being not credible for anything other than mice in the previous forum[ I'll find it].. I posted various studies that showed that animals react/can react drastically different to different individual venoms and different individual neurotoxins. Mammal vs Mammal... Reptile vs Mammal etc all animals react differently to different venoms,

Lmao!!! How not? Anyone with a brain should be able to realize that Australia really doesn't have all that many dangerous animals...They have potentially dangerous venomous snakes like virtually every other continent.. Yet they only have 1 large dangerous animals[ salty] that goes onto land and maybe those introduced buffalo and wild board that aren't native. Then you have some small animals[ cone snail, blue ringed octopus, red back, stonefish that have killed like 0-5 people in the last 25 years and you actuality are going to compare them to say elephants and hippos and rhinos?? Lol

Lol your equating me saying that the danger of australian animals is overhyped/overstated based on the fact that they barely ever kill people and have like 1 dangerous large animal on land to a conspiracy theorey...

I hear it all the time from australians.. I could be posting in a thread about the housing prices in Brisbane and some Aussie will come in and 'warn" or brag to me about all those dangerous aussie animals... It's really quite annoying and I wonder how Aussies would act if they actullay had alot of realistically dangerous animals like in Africa. Lol that would be amusing..

I love Australia/Australians but they are definite exaggerators about their animals and I think it has to do with their European ancestry. They probably do it as an attempt to differentiate ourselves from other western cultures. As their culture is very similar/influenced by USA/UK, so they use their "deadly" nature to make Australia seem unique. I think it also has to do with making them look tough etc...Now if they bragged about how unique and beautiful their country is.. and about the barrier reef etc than that would be very true... But the deadly animals.....

Australia/Canada/ Western Europe/Scandinavian are the best places to live on earth... America is good but not as good as those imo... and Americans can be are dumb/arrogant compared to those countries which I also dont like. Australia is also one of the most beautiful countries in the world hands down.. But please stop with the animals or the danger of living in Australia lol
Well I have to agree that there are alot more dangerous animals in Africa than Australia and anyone who claims otherwise isn't being realistic. Australia no doubt has some very toxic snakes but you can't say with any certainty which is the most toxic to humans. On the whole, many African snakes(puff adder, black mamba, cape cobra for example) are more aggressive than Australian species. Australia certainly dose have their share of potentially deadly animals though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back