Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The best part of this thread is that the deadliest venomous creature in Australia is the European honey bee
Deadliest because it kills the most people annually 10

The deadliest living creature apart from man in Australia is the horse 24

Potentially Australia is full of danger
But potential and fact are very different

Its not full of danger with animals like Africa and Asia are......

The whole .. well then "let a brown snake bite you if its not deadly" argument is absurd.. No one said Australia doesn't have dangerous animals that have the potential to kill you and have killed people. What I did say was that its ridiculous to claim that australia has the most dangerous animals of any continent or that it is even comparable to asian or africa in this regard. Thats all I was complaining about. Never said anything about Australia having no dangerous animals.

Who said that? We'll go shoot them instantly...

Was it me?

Was it someone else?

I don't really care - do you know why?

The words - SOME OF THE MOST DEADLY ANIMALS IN THE WORLD... is true...

Even a harmless slug caused a man to go to hospital last year... it is now one of the most dangerous animals in the world too....

Have you ever been bitten by an angry bunch of green tree ants? Not going to kill you... but if you accidentally walk into their nest you'll soon wish you were dead...

You can do that with fire ants too... and you get them in South America and now, we get them here too!

I never said once that we have the most venomous, most deadly, most dangerous animals in the world.. they're just up there with the best of them... And many documents portray the taipan as the deadliest snake in the world... Not the biggest killer... This conversation is circular...

so many angry, angry people :( spread some chill pills stat!

group hug you bozos! :p :D

Sure if you let yourself be bitten by a highly venomous asian snake... In fact lets go a step further... I will let myself be bitten/stung by a box jellyfish and a red back spider and then you get attacked by a bear and bitten by a krait.

Not necessary. As I am an avid Canadian bushman, I already know how dangerous bears are, first hand. Only an idiot would question it. I would also never question the lethality of the bites from any of the following: Bungarus caeruleus, Echis carinatus, Daboia russelii, Naja naja, etc... as, again, only a complete moron would doubt that any of the aforementioned species weren't absolutely lethal. My offer still stands though. You may have missed it but I was referring only to snake species as I do not have direct access to jellyfish, redbacks, etc. I know where to find them though so I could point you in the right direction. So yes, I can get my hands on any of the elapids you'd like to get bitten by, just let me know. To ensure a proper, quantifiable result, no anti-venine allowed!

Snake_Whisperer - Is there a recommendation? Would it be better to start with a red belly perhaps and then move on to a brown? Or would it be better to start at taipan and work backwards so it won't stress your snakes as much?

Or, even better, start at cone shell... and you won't even need a snake...

Or, want to numb the bite area first, start with the blue ringed octopus...

Maybe he's more into physical violence... perhaps he'd like to pick up a baby cassowary in front of the daddy. Noting that the dad is the primary care giver.

Anyhow... I don't care how he cops it... so long it's not over too quickly...

Yeh, tough call mate. My first thought was Red Belly as there is only one fatality attributed to them (and was probably a Copperhead according to Trueblue), and work up. Would that not make one more succeptible to other, silmilar envenomations though, and subsequently skew the results by the time you got up to, say. O. microlepidotus? Probably best to start at the top and work backwards. Hey Jonno, I may need to borrow one of your Fiercies for a few days, is that cool?

What I did say was that its ridiculous to claim that australia has the most dangerous animals of any continent or that it is even comparable to asian or africa in this regard. Thats all I was complaining about.

Can you show me where you get this "claim" from?
Do you have a quote or some type of reference that someone actually said this?

I have been around elapids for some time but, other then on "in house" training days, I have never seen a coastal Taipan used in a public snake demo. I am sure that occasionally the brave might pull a quite one out to show, but I doubt that a 6-8 ft wild caught one would ever make the stage.
I don't think you could really get a much more dangerous snake than a large wild caught coastal Tai. It's not worth debating though.

Have you ever played with warm taipans mmafan555?

It is quite interesting that Coastal Taipans are pretty nasty but Inlands are much more docile
You would have to compare a Coastal to a Mamba for danger factor

Can you show me where you get this "claim" from?
Do you have a quote or some type of reference that someone actually said this?

No one in this thread has ever said that Australia is the most deadly place on Earth - we're all in the guidelines and realms of truth.

Unfortunately someone likes to poke their sticky nose in... And unfortunately ruined a nearly dead and closed thread which was funny - including terrorism, shark attack and even wiping out a Japanese platoon!

So... mmmfan555 grow a pair and liven up... After all, you're only an American!

Slimey! Stop feeding the troll! I'm having a hard enough time writing my program without the entertaining distraction of feeding time!

Awwwww but... but... It's so much fun... I bet he thinks fluoride in our water is bad for the health of his animals and that logs should be sterilised before entering an enclosure....

He seems like that sort of person...

Troll feeding will continue...

Awwwww but... but... It's so much fun... I bet he thinks fluoride in our water is bad for the health of his animals and that logs should be sterilised before entering an enclosure....

He seems like that sort of person...

Troll feeding will continue...

Or that vaccinations cause autism! LOL!!!

It is quite interesting that Coastal Taipans are pretty nasty but Inlands are much more docile
You would have to compare a Coastal to a Mamba for danger factor

Black, or Green?
I've heard Greens are docile, but I dunno if Donald Schultz is true.

Mmafan55, tell me how African animals are deadlier? If you're thinking about hippos, lions, elephants ect remember, most are in game reserves. I think what makes Australia deadly is that the deadly animals are extremely common. And although Australia may not have the deadliest, I think it seems so deadly because we possibly have more dangerous animals than harmless ones.
Hey this thread was fun until mmafan55 came along :( mmafan55, do you keep reptiles? Because it seems like you've just joined this forum to shoot down Australia and be a troll. I mean, most of your threads are saying "OMG look at these deadly Asian snakes!" or "Yeah Africa and Asia are was more deadly than Australia!" ok we get it. That's what you think and I am sorry to say nobody really cares. Show us some reptiles or get off :lol:

Or that vaccinations cause autism! LOL!!!

I love that one lol. especially coming from a family with an autistic Son. Turns out i passed it on to my son as an extra bit on one of his/my genes.

Wireless broad band now gives us cancer too. cant quite work out where the evidence is coming from with the limited time they have had to study the problem.

I love that one lol. especially coming from a family with an autistic Son. Turns out i passed it on to my son as an extra bit on one of his/my genes.

Wireless broad band now gives us cancer too. cant quite work out where the evidence is coming from with the limited time they have had to study the problem.

And microwaves produce toxic chemicals in your food LOL!

...... tell me how African animals are deadlier? ..... I think what makes Australia deadly is that the deadly animals are extremely common. And although Australia may not have the deadliest, I think it seems so deadly because we possibly have more dangerous animals than harmless ones.
Hey this thread was fun until mmafan55 came along :( mmafan55, do you keep reptiles? Because it seems like you've just joined this forum to shoot down Australia and be a troll. I mean, most of your threads are saying "OMG look at these deadly Asian snakes!" or "Yeah Africa and Asia are was more deadly than Australia!" ok we get it. That's what you think and I am sorry to say nobody really cares. Show us some reptiles or get off :lol:

Snakes in other country ARE more "deadly"... DEADLY being the operative word... meaning they cause deaths in humans. There is no doubt that our species are more toxic/venomous but they are not more deadly as they do not cause large numbers of deaths due to our advanced medicine and the small likelyhood of getting bitten by one due to an encounter.

By sheer volumes of death by a "deadly" snakes, then I would have to say it would be either the black mamba (Africa) or the Russells viper (Asia) as the deadliest snake in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back