Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with intersubspecific hybrids, beacuse in Europe pure subspecies carpets are very difficult to find and I hope australia doesn't end up like it, mostly people who couldn't be bothered finding 2 of the same subspecies of carpet so they just bred 2 different ssp they had. Needless to say Ball x Woma and Carpondros are just wierd and wrong. I wouldn't mind if all hybrids were labelled but people just don't always labell them.

There are some killer crossbreeds out there! I really hope Europe doesnt run out of coastals, jungles, Womas etc! Pull your head in. Do you understand the work that goes into a crossbreed. Because they could'nt be bothered finding two of the same species of carpet. Yeah, OK, thats the reason.

I like illegal ;)
photo-2-2.jpg

I LOVE illegal

Ok people. there is some very nice looking cross breed snakes out there,
but I agree that it will be a real shame if cross breeds became the only snakes available.

how can people hate hybrids so much?are all the people against crosses against labradoodles and toy miniature horses?
im ok with crosses as long as its done right, with a tough selection process and proper labeling,
people can fight it all they want but if their is a demand for carpondros or jags or albinos or whatever the fact is,
someone will supply that demand.....
is it illegal to do crosses in NSW? i wouldnt kno im not into breeding im a collector.

how can people hate hybrids so much?are all the people against crosses against labradoodles and toy miniature horses?
im ok with crosses as long as its done right, with a tough selection process and proper labeling,
people can fight it all they want but if their is a demand for carpondros or jags or albinos or whatever the fact is,
someone will supply that demand.....
is it illegal to do crosses in NSW? i wouldnt kno im not into breeding im a collector.

totally agree,

But l bet the prices r outta this world,gotta luv cross bred if people can breed why cant snakes my mates greek & his mrs is thai there kids r cute as whats the diff.Ever seen a mutts at the pound shepherdsXhusky,rottiXboxer u never hear people complain about that.If X breeding illegal then with should but looking in the mirror as we r all mixed up in some way.

isnt cross bred stuff ment 2 be cheaper lm not payin over a grand 4 a GTP or an albino darwin,with that many ppl breeding them now l remember GTP used 2 be heaps now their just under 2 grand & albinos r only $1200 l feel sorry 4 the ppl that payed the price of a second hand car 4 their pythons & now have 2 drop the price on there hatchies.Ur rip off is my saving as time going by thay will be even cheaper hahaha.

I dont see it happening, there will always be people that will keep pure strains, and locale specific species..
It doesnt matter what hybrids become available, there will always be keepers of both..

I know right. I could just imagine how many fugly ones it took to make this though. But that snake is amazing.

thats a 50/50 cross and there are no fancy morphs involved ither!
so all the clutch would look very simalaur to that!

at least recarch the back ground of an animal before going on about how many sub standerd sibs are also in the clutch.

imo an avrage looking carball, you should realy see the jag carballs,

carball, such a stunning blend of contrasting shades of poo-brown.

But l bet the prices r outta this world,gotta luv cross bred if people can breed why cant snakes my mates greek & his mrs is thai there kids r cute as whats the diff.Ever seen a mutts at the pound shepherdsXhusky,rottiXboxer u never hear people complain about that.If X breeding illegal then with should but looking in the mirror as we r all mixed up in some way.

Human races are socially constructed.
Domestic dogs are all one species.

Neither are useful comparisons

Guys it goes by preference.

You do have to keep in mind that crosses like the Jag x GTP I posted are illegal to breed your self. There is nothing stopping you from buying them though from states which the breeding of crosses are not illegal.
Though in theory, you could just play dumb... I am not suggesting you do of course.

I like to think that the hobby isn't just for a group of people with a one track mind. Your going to get a mix of people who like different things and that do things differently.
From the pure breeders that wouldn't even think of crossing locales of a species to the curious breeders that want to make something completely new.
It is my firm belief that we can have both and that we need both and all that's in between.
I feel that many people will put their egos on their mouths and speak their opinions with a strong voice, and understandably so because all us reptile keepers have a lot of pride in taking care and breeding these animals.
But it comes a time when every keeper has to step back and appreciate the stand point and views of others that partake in the same hobby that they choose to be in.
This of course is not a stab at anyone, but everyone.

That GTP cross is gorgeous. But so is a plain GTP. You can choose to stick with one, the other or sit on the fence, your choice.
At the end of the day, it is up to the individual to choose how and what they keep and how and what they breed.

I look forward to a bigger hobby in Australia where there is a place for every one.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back