Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aussiejoe

Reaction score
I was at the wild expo at the Sydney on Saturday and listened to a couple of blokes disscusing cross breeding womas with blackheaded pythons. One point of veiw was it wasn't possable to cross breed the two and the other bloke thought it was. Does anyone know of a successful pairing in the wild or captivity of these two species?

dont understand why you would want to spoil to species. but to answer your question i dont see why they wouldnt breed as their both Aspidites

its very possible, i havnt seen one yet, i have seen a blackhead x bredli.. im sure someone will try it soon..try hybridhaven.com

i wouldnt see any point in doing
it but i would say yes it is possible

yes its possible.. you can cross breed any pythons. ball x carpet. gtp x bhp. jungle x scrub. water x carpet.

gtp x bhp thats just funny...wont happen.

water x carpet is a decent example of some of the beautiful
animals that you get from cross breeding...someone post a pic.

I can see the bhp, i think its a ugly. The only hybrid i wold like to see in the flesh is a gtp x rsp. That would be the 'auskralian dream'

being that it came from overseas seals the point that its carpet heritage could very well be muddled , BUT the BHP influence is definantly there and the markings body shape and missing scales on its head are signs of that

the test will be if it goes thru a typical morelia color change

dont like it...... this may sound a little contradictory coming from me but whats the point, its pretty ugly. Not really a designer snake in my opinion.

I'd much prefer one of Neil Sonnemanns BHP's anyday!

Or a nice pure GTP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just looked at that Australian dream snake....it looks wrong...now I am getting to know my snake breeds a bit more all I can see is the 'cross' the bit of carpet and the bits of BHP.

its like when I look at mongrel dogs I start dissecting the breeds and that just look awful to me (I am a staffy breeder). The worst bit is...where do you go with it next...and if thats the best of the clutch...what about all the other ones that are not so desirable looking that nobody wants.

I really dont think that crossing is the way we should be going

just my opinion

Elizabeth

Status
Not open for further replies.