Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a little boy hatched around the same time.... He is just starting to get his colours coming through.... Where did you get urs from ???

Pet shop in Darwin....all good but I think next time I would seek out a local breeder. It would be interesting to see their set ups too and I don't really like crowding into small shops and competing for service..

How to tell if you have a placid snake ! ! !..... It falls asleep in your hand.....he stayed like that for half an hour or more........ (he is 4months old in this pic)

I can't see the pic but that sounds like a faithful dog! haha

This is my Bitey, he is about 8 years old. Totaly insane has been ever since he was a baby. The last six people he has bitten has been on the face. He is over 2m long. His sister was a gem, never bit always calm.

Last six people on the face!!!!!!! he is a BEAST!!!!! Nice looking but I think I like the idea of one falling asleep in your hand. Esp if at 2 mtrs. Ha it is funny...... most of the people i know shiver in terror at the thought of getting bitten by a snake. I have had my fair share of reptile nips........worst was a handfull of holes from a 1mtr crock that grabbed my fishing lure.

l will have to take a pic of Buffy my big female she is about 7 ft , solid and still growing [ and laying eggs each year ] but here are some of the others .

Attachments

• Golden Darwins 008.jpg
    Golden Darwins 008.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 89
  • goldy.jpg
    goldy.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Lorne 011.jpg
    Lorne 011.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 80
I would like to see Buffy!! great healthy looking snakes..........I see the branches.......I have natural wood branches too.......i was going to seal mine.....is it necessary though? if not I won't bother.

I would like to see Buffy!! great healthy looking snakes..........I see the branches.......I have natural wood branches too.......i was going to seal mine.....is it necessary though? if not I won't bother.

l just spray branches with flyspray , leave 20min , then submerge in a very hot bath for an hour or so . Put bricks on top to hold under water , then rinse and sun dry .

Ok thanks......sounds a good way of making sure they are clean. I have heard of putting them in the oven but my oven is not that big....

Ok thanks......sounds a good way of making sure they are clean. I have heard of putting them in the oven but my oven is not that big....

i wouldn't use insect spray, why bother, find some heavy duty black plastic bags, wrap the branch in it, seal it tight and leave in the sun for a week (or longer if you can)

i wouldn't use insect spray, why bother, find some heavy duty black plastic bags, wrap the branch in it, seal it tight and leave in the sun for a week (or longer if you can)

I've heard this before but I've never actually tried it, going to do it soon though. I was thinking that I'd let off some TOD (Top Of Decent) in the bag first, just to help things along a bit. Apparently it works well on pillows also, the bag in the sun, not the TOD.

I've heard this before but I've never actually tried it, going to do it soon though. I was thinking that I'd let off some TOD (Top Of Decent) in the bag first, just to help things along a bit. Apparently it works well on pillows also, the bag in the sun, not the TOD.

sorry i didn't realise you were meaning TOD, (brain fade) that should be fine, and the black plastic is a trick they use in some backpacker hotels to kill bed bugs, heavy duty plastic, duct tape, out in the sun for the day or two.... cooks the little suckers...

apologies again, it was jungletrans suggestion
l just spray branches with flyspray , leave 20min ,

now i remember why i wanted Darwins........ now i just gotta wait for mine to grow up so i can see what they will be wearing as adults............

Heres one of mine

Attachments

• Sunny Saturday 015.jpg
    Sunny Saturday 015.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 74
some fantastic looking darwins people :D love yours no-two and jungletrans second pic.
rodney your second pic is a stunner mate.. great stuff

Thanks guys......I had no idea Darwins were so diverse!!! I think i like them even more........might have to get another haha....amazing Pics! I have increased my knowledge on Darwins 100% since writing this post.....Thanks to all for the great pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back