Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I know, posted these in the other Darwin thread earlier but I like him!

Pythonmum, might wanna try some darker rats as he looks a little pale!

Nice.

Attachments

• Cloud2.jpg
    Cloud2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 260211_1.jpg
    260211_1.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 96
Spotted rats are more fun grizz - can see the spots going down the throat for a while ;) I think it's too much bleach used to clean the water bowl. Just makes them too pale. Same problem with this guy. You can see how much he uses the bowl (but it's very white!)
DSC03737.jpg

Here's the one that gets the black rats:
DSC02337-2.jpg

I would like to breed my Standard Darwins.....They are 17mnths now and 180cm and 165cm....would next breeding season be too soon?

You can always try and see. 18 months is a bit young for a female, but not necessarily so for a male. If they don't breed, no eggs, no big deal. You just need to look for ovulation and any obvious signs that she is gravid (like egg-shaped lumps near laying time) and get an incubator together quick-smart. At that age and size, maternal incubation might be a bit hard on the female. Read Simons Stone's "Doc Rock" articles Reptile Husbandry Articles by Southern Cross Reptiles about breeding to find out what to look for. I found them more helpful than anything else I read.

You can always try and see. 18 months is a bit young for a female, but not necessarily so for a male. If they don't breed, no eggs, no big deal. You just need to look for ovulation and any obvious signs that she is gravid (like egg-shaped lumps near laying time) and get an incubator together quick-smart. At that age and size, maternal incubation might be a bit hard on the female. Read Simons Stone's "Doc Rock" articles Reptile Husbandry Articles by Southern Cross Reptiles about breeding to find out what to look for. I found them more helpful than anything else I read.

Thank you very much for that advice.

heres one I bred thats starting to show some colour

Great pattern Colin! How long did it look pale? I had one that looked really chalky pink at first. Chris1 bought her. I visited yesterday and she is starting to show some pattern at last. Hers is more yellow with white dashes, while yours is white with yellow! Very interesting. They are awesome snakes with so much potential. The only frustration is that you can never quite capture the true colours in a photo. That glowing highlighter colour just doesn't come through (at least not on my camera).

thanks for all the comments :D pic was taken yesterday & he's about 5 months old

wow colin your boy is amazing :)....makes me want an albino even more :p and grunter both u have there have awesome colours too i cant wait till my darwin gets bigger :)

well i can FINALLY post here! YAY lol
so on mothers day i head down to sydney to pick up
my missus's present for mums day :) hahahaha yeah
i pulled the old i will get "you" a present i want aaaanyway
here he is my new 100%HET darwin Osiris owned by me hatched by Colin :)

10559770.d0eff982.1024.jpg

10587646.ffc4a93c.1024.jpg

10587644.066fa7f9.1024.jpg

Great photos Nato - both in picture quality and the lovely subject matter. I'm afraid I just snap one with the Cybershot and go 'yeah - that'll do'. Here's the latest like that. Ra enjoying his new enclosure. He's not looking his best because he's about to shed, but that's always the way....
DSC03832.jpg

Ra is a stunner, whats on the background? is it like lino or a wallpaper or fake rocks?
very cool

thanks for the compliments but its easy to take shots when the subject is good
that lil darwin is the least flighty and least bitie i didnt think it was possible
but hes on par with my md and shes as mellow as bob marley on holliday in
amsterdam lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back