DECCW Animal Keeper Licence Fauna Record Keeping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry guys, i dont understand does this only happen in nsw

Yes this thread only pertains to NSW keepers but the online thing may catch on in other states as well

I have never heard of the yearly lodgement form. I am a old fa-t and computers dont like me spelling and english not much better. But i give it a go. I am hopeing you are going to say it only happens in NSW couse i have never done it or known i had to.

I have never heard of the yearly lodgement form. I am a old fa-t and computers dont like me spelling and english not much better. But i give it a go. I am hopeing you are going to say it only happens in NSW couse i have never done it or known i had to.

What state are you from?

I hope not. We don't have to submit annual returns at all.

You don't? Hmm, what is done in QLD then?

But Michael you have to do some sort of paperwork at some point, right? Surely it would be easier if you could do it online...

Rell02 what state are you in?

queensland you just fill out a movement form sent it in to ecoaccess and wright it in a record book

But Michael you have to do some sort of paperwork at some point, right? Surely it would be easier if you could do it online...

We keep fauna books just like you do but we don't submit them at any time. We download Movement Advice from the internet, fill it in and send a copy to the authorities. No import or export permits required in Qld. AND IT WORKS! Shame on NSW government for discriminating and profiteering.

If only it was that simple here Michael...

Oh so is your book just a record in case you get audited? You guys definitely seem to have the best system

Yep, that's how it works. The Qld DERM is smart, they realised that there is absolutely no point in tracing every snake and lizard, especially interstate transfers, it costs money and serves no purpose.

seems but do we, i wonder is there more reptile theft in nsw then the other states. I bet not. i think it would be harder to cover up then the other states. It scears the hell out of me all the theft that gos on and they dont seem to catch any of them.

I can't comment on the difference in theft numbers (because I don't know) but it's easy enough to doctor paperwork. You may be right that it's more difficult but you really only need to know someone who breeds the species you're stealing/WCing and you can make it look legit.

does anyone know how to bring forward your balance from last year, I can add all my breed and aquired animals but cannot bring forward my adults and such from last year, so my total on hand reads correct

does anyone know how to bring forward your balance from last year, I can add all my breed and aquired animals but cannot bring forward my adults and such from last year, so my total on hand reads correct
I too would like to know this

There is a note when you go to add a record that says "When entering data for the first time an opening balance message will appear in the date of receipt or disposal field." but I see no such message

Last edited:
It seems as though since 1st April the opening balance option was removed?
My suggestion would be try and email the office (as they are now known as OEH) and ask them what options you have.

their email for those who do not know it is
[email protected]

Cheers and Good Luck!

I was just contacted by DECCW and walked through the process. and this is how it went.

log on and choose the my species and records
select the add new species tab
select type group and species then add (it will then be added to your species list)
select the operations icon
add new record
for animals bought forward from last year change the date to 01/04/2010
select puchase in the next pull down menu add number of males females and unknown and add the sellers details and licence number if you have them or where you breed them just add your details and licence number.
and save.
Hope that helps.

Cheers Dusty

And well done to DECCW for contacting me within 30 mins of emailing them and person to person too - Great job.

After my initial enthusiam I've become a little cynical about this.

With the hard copy books DECCW/EOH out sourced the data entry to a company who earned $$.

Seeing as those doing the on line books will providing this service for free why is it that there is no financial benefit being offered -say reduced licence fee?

B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back