Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zimbo

Reaction score
just a quick question
is their any differences between a diamond carpet python and a diamond python and if so what are they
thnx :D

now thats an argument that has been and will go on for ages.
a diamond python is just a colour phase of a carpet python really, but has its own name.
like a darwin carpet , centralian carpet , murray darling carpet, coastal carpet , diamond python , jungle carpet , south western carpet , and others .......... they are all carpet snakes
now .....now ......settle down....maybe i have stirred a hornets nest again

now thats an argument that has been and will go on for ages.
a diamond python is just a colour phase of a carpet python really, but has its own name.
like a darwin carpet , centralian carpet , murray darling carpet, coastal carpet , diamond python , jungle carpet , south western carpet , and others .......... they are all carpet snakes
now .....now ......settle down....maybe i have stirred a hornets nest again

LOL...:lol:

Price
Port Mac carpet is what I guess you mean.
Diamond python
No Diamond carpets
Port Mac Carpets are not crosses between Carpets and Diamonds. They are pure pythons which happen to look something in between a Carpet and a Diamond. They are not the result of a Diamond breeding with a Carpet at any point in time.

The term intergrade is very misleading, and suggests that they are a mix of the two subspecies, but they are not. Port Mac Carpets have always been there; they didn't just appear after a Diamond headed north and a Carpet headed south. Just because they appear similar to both subspecies, does not mean they are in any way at all crossed/hybridized/impure. Hopefully sometime in the near future they will be classed as their own separate subspecies, perhaps then it will be possible for these pythons to lose the ridiculous term 'intergrade' that has been hovering over them for too long now.

thnxs for the info
but im getting a diamond carpet python from a breeder and it looks nothing like a diamond python so is it a different speices or just a different colour formation

so is their anything different i should do in cage set up or heating to suit the port mac carpets
because i have got a set up of a diamond:oops:
i am so silly

Some set up - so you have already got it?
I have 4 Port Mac's and some in the incubator to hatch soon.
I think there as good as some Diamonds.

How old was it and can I ask what you paid?

it is about 10 months old and it coast me 250 ea
so do you think the same set up as a diamond python would be alright
and how old are yours and what patterns do they have and also how long do they grow
thnx

it is about 10 months old and it coast me 250 ea
so do you think the same set up as a diamond python would be alright
and how old are yours and what patterns do they have and also how long do they grow
thnx

That's a good price.
Some set up as you would a Diamond
5, 6, ? and 8 years old
5 , 5, 7 and over 8ft long - some might get to 10 to 13 ft

Auzlizardking
thank you so much for all the help you have given me
i was getting scared that i would have had to change my set up and stuff like that but i dont all thanks to you
so once again thank you:D

um exo soil
25 watt blue light
a couple of branches hanging around the cage
a hidding spot a
water bowl a uv light
a heat pad
and the cage size is about 60 cm by 45cm by 30cm
is that alright for a 45cm port mac carpet

Great for now but in 8mths put it to something bigger like a 1500 H x 800 W x 600 deep.

what should the temp be in the hot side and coolier side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back