Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

minusone

Reaction score
so it's friday arvo and I'm avoiding work.

what're your favourite snakes ever.

mine.
Eastern Diamond Back Rattle snake
URL]

Amethystine python
URL]

my favourite snake is my snake....

and the snake behind maynard hissing about what his damage could have been, would be a close second

i'm gonna be totally predictable,..Loki is my fave snake,..!! :)

Last edited:
and the snake behind maynard hissing about what his damage could have been, would be a close second

apart from that one....

Bredli all the way.... i love em soo much.... also BHP's and GTP's and Jungles but for worldwide Jungle Jags for sure.... also some aussie herps that are swear words on this forum hehehe some of you know what I'm talkin about....

Probably one of the larger colubrids from overseas that i dont really know much about. For stuff i know of common tree snakes and coastal tiapans.

actually it represents Maynards father....

really?

and the "blood before him" is his mother?

I always took that as satan and jesus.

*i know this is gonna go into chit-chat area. but discussing Tool related things is one of my favourite things to do

blood before him is his son, devo.

his father beat him... and he fears he'll be like his father.
but he feels his son is begging him to forget his past, move on and "open up his heart"

-a huge amount of his songs revolve around his mother (judith and wings for marie are obvious), his son, father, and himself growing up (jimmy)

the title comes, apparently, from his original middle name (before maynard) being Hubert, his sons middle name is also H. just the letter

coastal homies.

:lol:i would like to give a big shout out to the coastal hypos in da house. Hiss if you can hear me:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

actually the snake behind him in H. refers to jesus, but also the fact that both his parents were preachers. The song judith from the mer de noms album talks about how despite the fact that there is no god, no heaven no hell, that even in the throes of death she did not relinquish her faith that there was something else there for her, and that she did it without questioning, without her eyes open.

The piss to wine is a reference to jesus. And to the lies (in mythologies of all types, the snake is a symbol of a liar etc) spread by those who follow the lies of christianity.

In addition, the title H. is also lauded to be in relation to the quote by Karl Marx, that religion is the opiate of the masses. H, as everyone would know refers to heroin, the most widely available illicit opiate.

Almost every one of Maynards pieces is multi leveled and faceted. To make definitive judgments that it is specifically about one thing and not the other is to avoid the whole reason that there aren't any lyrics in the album sleeves, it is because people will make what they will, and take away what they want from each piece of artwork.

One fan told maynard that the song sober really helped him quit using opiates and get straight, and yet the song is wholly about asking the question why do we need to be sober, cant we just be smashed all the time.

can also be interpretted (sp?) as your inner demons.... thats the beauty of his lyrics.... you take them in as they apply to you....

of course...
but what tool song has one straight meaning...
but in reference to his son, his father is his inner demon
while H, may actually be about his son/father relationships... of course it pulls in other things....

i take a slightly different perspective of judith,,,
despite all the bad, that god gave to one of "his faithful", possibly showing that he isn't there, she never stopped believing.
leading into wings, with the whole, "if you exist, with everything you did to her, your perfect job come again, she doesn't deserve just her legs back, she deserves wings.

in H. i took the "blood before me begs me, open up my heart again" as the blood of christ, and forgiving as christ forgave.

but yea
tool is always left open to each person's interpretation

GTP's were what made me fall in love with snakes, so they are a favourite...
Diamond pythons i love too.

If i could own an exotic it would have to be a reticulated python or one of the smaller Boas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back