Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeluvver

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a Spotted Python and I would love a lizard. What's a good first time lizard? I know Bearded Dragons are, how about Blue Tongues?

Blue toungues are good, but between the beardie and blue tongue I have, the beardie is definately the favourite :) can't go past 'em

Gotta admit though, saw some Beardies at a pet store and they were so curious about me! They were soooooo cute!!!!!!!!! I'd love a frilled neck but theyre only for advanced people apparently.

I actually think a dragon poo is worse, but it all depends on what you feed them.

... and yes, beardies are adorable and only get more so as they grow up, my dude is snuggled in my shoulder as we speak :D

It depends on what you are looking for (colour, age, etc.) Pepper was from a breeder, he's meant to have some yellow/orange and I got him for $100

I really dont care, I just want a friendly little lizzy :) how big do beardies and blueys get and what are their tank requirements?

Beardies get between 45-50cm, blueys 60cm (but they vary depending on species) For an adult beardie the recommended enclosure size is 4x2x2 foot... not sure about the blueys, mine's in a 5x1.5 foot (lxw

Blueys are ground-dwellers so no, beardies like a bit of height though, some tend to enjoy sleeping up higher.

Blueys generally sound like good pets, but as mine is in the minority that does get a little fiesty and unsociable it's hard to say. It appears that while a bluey will get to the point where they have had 'enough' of all the attention, a beardie just loves a cuddle and seems to benefit from extra attention!
In the end it's up to what you want, but if you're looking for a little pal then a beardie is way easier to get into a 'toilet trained' routine :D

Geckos are more for looking at than handling, they're great but quite shy.

Yeh, i guess they can run off and hide too fast for me to catch..... i'm leaning towards beardies now..... hmmmmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back