Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol how can i resist that face!!!!! IM GETTING A BEARDIE WOOOOOO. Now. The hard part. CONVINCING MY MUM lol. Hey, I convinced her to get me a snake, this shouldnt be too hard!!!!!!!

Well she wants a kitten first. THEN i'll convince her. I mean, she grew up terrified of snakes and i have a pet one, so lizards should be easy

beardies all the way, they seem to be toilet trained within 2 weeks whereas im still struggling to get 100% success with the shingles after 4 months (they have blue tongues too so i assume they'd be simmilar to bluies,..) ;P

if u know someone with a beardie get them to bring it over to see ur mum, everyone thats met mine have fallen in love with them, even if they were eeeek lizard to start with,...

True, although she may not appreciate the insect side of things so much :) Just remember, chirping crickets is actually a really nice sound - my mum MISSES it when I don't have any adults!

They don't grow out of it either :D
Pepper is almost two, he loves to be out with me falling asleep in my neck all the time.

Okay in really basic terms (should look around and do some research like any reptile of course!)

a basking temperature of 32-38 C, and a 'cool side' of aound 24 C. Plus a UV tube.
For a young dragon, use a substrate they can't ingest such as 'fake grass', tile or paper towel (stay away from sand at least until they get older)
They eat a range of fruit and vegies, here's a link to something I found quite helpful - Nutrition Content
How much a beardie eats depends on their age, a baby eats loads more than an adult, they're like little bottomless pits! :p

Okay in really basic terms (should look around and do some research like any reptile of course!)

a basking temperature of 32-38 C, and a 'cool side' of aound 24 C. Plus a UV tube.
For a young dragon, use a substrate they can't ingest such as 'fake grass', tile or paper towel (stay away from sand at least until they get older)
They eat a range of fruit and vegies, here's a link to something I found quite helpful - Nutrition Content
How much a beardie eats depends on their age, a baby eats loads more than an adult, they're like little bottomless pits! :p
Is repti bark ok? I use that with my snake

It's a very controversial issue, the substrate. Some believe the only way to go is have nothing loose (makes sense for pepper, he thinks that rocks taste good!). The thing is that young beardies taste everything, and older ones not so much. Try making sure whatever you use won't fit into your beardies mouth... that way you're safe.
Personally I've never used repti bark, Pepper is housed on fake grass (It's easy to clean and you can be sure there's no 'residue' left when you clean up his toilet jobs)

is buying one froma pet store ok? the store in question is the same one i bought my snake from, and their reptiles are tended to each day and the woman taking care of them really knows her stuff, she has her own reptiles at home. the beardies there are very alert and quite beautiful, very healthy looking.

Yes, a pet shop is fine. I have bought plenty of my 'zoo' from various pet shops without any problem. Most of them are pretty good at care now :)

I have my 'favourite' beardie, a northern blue tongue, 2 central netted dragons, 3 marbled geckos, 2 bynoe's and two thicktail geckos (and their two eggs now cooking) tis fun :p
Opps the eggs are the bynoe's sorry.

Yeah, frillnecks do look pretty nice... and the hatchies are soo cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back