Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree with that, but most deadly or deadliest is the one that has killed the most.

sure but it may not be the most venomous snake - just surrounded by the dumbest people;).

Deadliest = killed the most people
Most venamous = kills the quickest

Totally agree with that, but most deadly or deadliest is the one that has killed the most.

So a bee is more "deadly" than a long range multi nuke warhead missile because noone has ever been killed by such a weapon?

How bout we just end this arguement with the saying "The deadliest snake is the one that bites you" =P.

deadliness and venom toxicity are two very different things. australia has the top ten most venomous snakes, however, i would argue that something like the black mamba is far more dangerous than most australian snakes.

it all depends on what you would classify as dangerous, but i would think that a snakes danger would depend on both the effects of the venom and the snakes behaviour, i.e. activity levels, habitat and "personality" for lack of a better word.

So a bee is more "deadly" than a long range multi nuke warhead missile because noone has ever been killed by such a weapon?

Yes. By the definition of deadly 'causing or tending to cause death' is more deadly than a long range multi nuke warhead missile because bees have killed more people.

hahahahaha;) - didnt you know that! and bees are way more deadly than any snake
But the biggest killer would be humans as we kill more of each other than all animal deaths put together

Come to Australia to see the worlds most deadliest animal - BUM-BUM-BUM - - - - - - - -*drum roll please* - THE HUMAN BEING:shock::shock::shock::eek:

well, more people are killed by vending machines every year than by sharks and crocodiles put together

I still reckon "sheela" is the deadliest species (at least on this forum). I attempted to read and understand her post again but it didn't get any better. What a literary masterpiece!
Definitely the deadliest!
END OF STORY FOR ME

I still reckon "sheela" is the deadliest species (at least on this forum). I attempted to read and understand her post again but it didn't get any better. What a literary masterpiece!
END OF STORY FOR ME

The ironic part is they complain about the number of cats and dogs killed by snakes... Hmm i wonder which there is more of, snakes killing cats and dogs or cats and dogs killing snakes plus other wildlife.

END OF STORY FOR ME

Hahaha. That post made this whole thread worthwhile!

I don't think that is the case mate. Unless you can find a reference for this claim? I think there was a death due to complications that stemmed from a fierce bite but that was years after the incident.

And yet you were the one claiming that more people have been killed by australian pythons.

I know of only one documented case of death attributed to python.... that was in about 2004.

I may be wrong, but i've not heard about any more.

And yet you were the one claiming that more people have been killed by australian pythons.

I know of only one documented case of death attributed to python.... that was in about 2004.

I may be wrong, but i've not heard about any more.

Yes i was. If you know about it why are you calling me out on it?

pardon my ignorance in the actual facts, but I ask here, would not the "number of snakes per capita, per size of land" have some sort of bearing on any result of who has the most dangerous? In my mind, the best formula would be to look at how densely populated a country is by both people and each species of snake, and gauge the number of bites. The ratio of bites to the number of snakes in a species to the number of people should be a good benchmark to compare to give the most dangerous species, would it not?

Humans are mammals, I can't see how LD50 tests on fish and reptiles is going to shed much more light on the arguement.

One of the more pointless threads I've read in a while. Thanks for giving me some mindless rubbish to read whilst winding down from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back