Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frankaalex1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I don't care how much it costs(money isn't an object) I'm getting my first snake and am wondering what the best starter snake type is? I've had iguana's, beardies, komodo's, and many other but never a snake so what's the best one? I've had reptiles since I about 16 yr.s ago! When I was 5 yr.s! Need to also know of the supplies and the best reptile vet in the world basically!

Well with all the exotics available to you and your budget the world is your Zoo.

Did you specifically want an Australian one?

IsK

Surely a taipan would be a better beginners snake! ;)

Wow - i do hear that green tree pythons (many people's fav downunder) are relatively cheap compared to aussie - I would love one of them in my house!

I saw a pattern less GTP on an American site and it was $500

And we're not allowed to import our own natives :(

Still, by time you did all the adding up, money conversion, logisitics etc... it will probably cost around $30 000 any way! :p

I have a liscence to have a komodo but yes I do! And he's also a little sweetheart! @slimy6y are you meaning it will cost $30,000 for one snake? I'm not caring how expensive or cheap it is I just want to get one that is easy to care for daily and loves to be held no matter what the price is! I don't want a huge like python though! I've been looking at lots of corn snakes are they good starters? The reason I want a smaller one is that my fiance' wants one also but he's terrified of the huge ones! What a pansy eh'? And he really isn't home very often(he does lots of touring and has a clothing line) and I also work but I'm home most of the time and I really just want a snake that I can have like around my arm or on my neck while I just work at home or clean and cook you know?

so what to you guys do for a living? i would got for a gtp or one of the jag carpets you guys get over there, since basicly all of us live in australia we probably aint gonna know of the good herp vets in your area sorry

And people I a female and I think someone refered to me as a male! It's okay I get it often though because my name is Alex! And the pictures on my profile are of my fiance'! I may want to put some of me on here instead eh'?

My fiance' is in a fairly good band and he also has a clothing line that he started but I have basically taken over! Yeah once I figured out that this is mainly Austrailian website I figured I'd get lots of vets in your area but that's fine cause I want the best there is out there!

what sort of band is he in? got a myspace for it?

He's in band and usually people start getting mad at me once they find out! I don't want to start that here! I'll send you a message with the name!

Get a pair of Black head pythons, maybe a woma if you have them over there.
These snakes are generally placid and easy to care for. The are snakes so they wont like being held but will genrally tolerate it OK.

or even something from the childrens group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back