Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyric

Reaction score
After falling in love with my first spotted python, am now considering getting another snake. So whats a good 2nd snake to get?

Was considering a diamond python or green tree python?

Diamonds are a good snake. It depend how long to want your second snake to be. As far as I remember GTP are on a class 2 nsw lisence. So you will need one if you don't have one.

Was thinking since spotted pythons are little I'd go for a bigger snake.

yeah i got two new Darwins the other day, there pretty good. probably maybe a carpet python of some sort is a nice step up from a spotted python.

i love jungles

I have been so happy with mine......
Like any snake you do risk the fiestier temperament but I am yet to experience this

Tully and Atherton localities seem to be quieter (generally) and palmerston are smaller brighter and can be nastier.

Roger from Rogers Reptiles has some lovely tiger and semi tiger stripes at the moment Tully locality
Ive just bought a pair from him if you look at my recent thread 'Introducing Jasper and Sabrina' you will see some pics. They have just got home and are really confident little snakes not even interested in their hides straight up on the dowel and looking around for food !!

I havent even bothered with any other breed at the moment but if I did I would probably look at getting a roughy

Regards

Eizabeth

I have a spotted python and I'd like a rough scaled python next :) medium sized and apparently easy to keep. They have the longest teeth of any python (compared to body size) so try not to get bitten ;)

Carpets are a very good idea only ever heard good things about them. Jungles are quite nippy apparently though so not to keen on that

Whichever you decide to buy..Depends on how small-big you want,size of enclosure you have(or buy-build).Any of the Morelia sub-species can be good.(except greens) but also Aspidities are great snakes too,Woma or BHP are terrific snakes to own,but are very food orientated..Sometimes anything that moves they consider as food..I gather you havent had ur licence for long,so a Chondro would be out of the question to start with..Also depends on how much ur willing to spend.Generally most of the common pythons go for $100 upwards to $4500 or even more for a albino Olive..which i doubt you want..So it all comes down to what you want-what you wanna pay...

The sensible answer would be a carpet of some sort........but I reckon an olive!

Olives are nice but i was looking at the more patterned snakes. womas and black headeds are beautiful and black headeds are rather common to buy around my area

Love those snakes (Murray darlings)! Never see them around anywhere though - being odd since this is the area for them

i was going to get a woma but i decided on getting a bredli which im very glad i did such a beautiful snake and such a great attitude love her to bits

My 2nd snake was a diamond and she has been great. I have found her to be very easy and rewarding to keep. She has a lot more personality than my BHP, but still very gentle and each time she sheds it is super exciting because the colour and pattern change so much from when they are hatchlings.

They are beautiful snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back