Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 clutches in the incubator since friday and several about to lay and having prelay sheds.

DSC04023.jpg

DSC04026whitejulattenfemale.jpg

Great news. My first axanthic/calico BHP just finished laying.
She is number 452 and laid a huge clutch of 17 eggs ALL fertile.
Now the waiting begins..........
T

Here are a few more soon to lay.
1st is a patternless Childrens, 2nd Tanami Woma, 3rd mother of the 1st, 4th Axanthic/Calico BHP.

Attachments

• DSC03604.JPG
    DSC03604.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC03606.JPG
    DSC03606.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC03595.JPG
    DSC03595.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC03615.JPG
    DSC03615.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Great contrast shots Pineapplekitten. Looks like your incubators will be very full - and not just with BHPs T! There are going to be lots of lovely hatchlings around for Christmas.

Nice one Vixen.

What substrate is that your using?

Maxs Cat Litter

" an exclusive blend of plant materials from Australian rice farms, which is formed into free-flowing granules. " Not sure exactly what's in it though, i've been trying to find out! It's marketed as safe to use for cats, rodents, reptiles and birds though.

Last edited:
dodgy iphone pics of a few animals...... this RSP girl just keeps getting thicker and thicker - she is now completely shunning the male as well. The paler woma is pacing her tub non stop now and is looking very lumpy. The darker woma with more distinct bands is refusing food as is starting to hold her body all tense when touched. This girl took ages to ovulate last year so fingers crossed she goes again.

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0825.jpg
    IMG_0825.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0826.jpg
    IMG_0826.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0827.jpg
    IMG_0827.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 63
nice one dave, really like that pale woma in the 3rd pic.

good luck with the rsp, paula wasn't impressed when i woke her up last night to show her the text you sent. some people just don't get it :lol:

thanks stu - Tessa is never that interested either - "thats nice baby" is her usual response haha.

FINALLY! My girl has been teasing me all week. This morning she went into the lay position and by noon she had laid 15 eggs - 1 slug and 14 good. Not bad for her age (3.5 years). For the statisticians: 25 days post prelay; 625g clutch, 1585 g post lay weight, slug 18 g, rest of the eggs ranged from 41 - 46 g, with an average of 43.4g. Photos to prove it!
DSC04175.jpg

DSC04177.jpg

I am incubating over water, but I nestle the eggs on a bed of perlite so they don't get too wet on the bottom.

My poor girl looks severely deflated at the tail end!
DSC04178.jpg

I have totally cleaned out her enclosure and given her a wipe down, so I'm hoping she will settle enough by tonight to eat a nice big rat. If not, one of the boys will be happy to take it off my hands.:rolleyes:

Well done pythonmum, she sure does look deflated.

Best of luck with the eggs :)

Looks good Susan. Best of luck with hatching the eggs, can't wait to see them

My win girl and bredli. Not so sure about the bredli, but she is expanding..lol

P1020106.jpg

P1020103.jpg

That Bredli looks like she's daring you to disturb her, Fay! Is that the remnant of a prelay I see off to the left? Looks like not too long for the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back