Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha pythonmum, that is why I photographed her outside the glass. She is the cow from hell!! lol

Some awesome looking mums to be, just a quick question when do you start counting days after prelay.. when you first notice cloudy eyes or the day the snake actually completes its shed cycle..
cheers :)

Start counting when they actually shed. The day of the shed is 0.

my girl last night

Attachments

• IMGA0929.JPG
    IMGA0929.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMGA0913.JPG
    IMGA0913.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMGA0925.JPG
    IMGA0925.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 84
Congrats pythonmum and reptilesrkool

That's a decent olive clutch mate!!!

Thanks Jamesjr. Those are brilliant shots reptilesrkool. I love the spiral. I didn't catch my girl in the act, as I was out visiting an old folks home with my fluff dog. The oldies think I am a bit crazy raising snakes, but they always ask how my snakes are doing! They can't believe anyone would pay money to buy a snake, even a white one:)

Had her prelay yesterday :)

GravidMac.jpg

Nice stripe there Gabe. Should have some stripey babies, too, I assume.

This girl is looking noticeably bigger today.

View attachment 218394

Is that her ovulation? or just coming along in the period and coming upto pre-lay?

I ask as my jungle girl weighed in at 2.2kg the other week and is now 2.4kg , my male is only 1.6kg and they both I assume weighed the same before they were put together.

This 2004 F1 (1st generation) RSP has about 15 days until she is due to deposit her 4th clutch.
Got a new Nikon and very happy with it.

Is that her ovulation? or just coming along in the period and coming upto pre-lay?

I ask as my jungle girl weighed in at 2.2kg the other week and is now 2.4kg , my male is only 1.6kg and they both I assume weighed the same before they were put together.

I am hoping that is her ovulation based on sudden swelling and the way she is now holding her body when touched..........so pre-lay to come shortly. No idea on weights but this girl is no where near 2kg.
Being my first attempt at breeding I found the Doc Rock articles on SXR website useful as they explain the breeding process in simple terms and the behaviours/changes you can expect to see with your animals throughout the process. Having said that I am pretty sure I still mistook follicle development for ovulation in my other female.
Cheers,
Paul

Last edited:
she looks massiva paul!

Good luck with her mate.....

Wow, Mick - she is massive! What sort of clutch sizes has she been producing?

Caught my RSP girl ovulating tonight so VERY happy with that....now I just have to hope they are all fertile but only time will tell on that. She looks very swollen in the flesh.

I only ever caught this pair mating a handful of times and it was always very late at night around 10:30-11:30....not sure how long they did it after that but I never saw much interest during the day or early evening.

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_3466.JPG
    IMG_3466.JPG
    348.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3474.JPG
    IMG_3474.JPG
    381.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3478.JPG
    IMG_3478.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 83