Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Pythonmum and abnrmal21 :) She is an awesome snake. She spent the last few days coiling in different parts of the enclosure, kicked the moss out of her box and then finally decided on the far back corner of her box to lay her eggs. I'm nervous to leave them with her, mainly because of the condition she may lose. So far everything has gone by the book, mating went smoothly, she pre-lay shed and has now laid 31 days after shed.

I hope everything goes smoothly from here and can't wait to see how the clutch turns out.

Another week or two to go. Hoping for a successful clutch again!

DSC_0074-8.jpg

DSC_0072-2.jpg

Don't think this girl is gravid, but I'm starting to second guess myself.
Firstly, Although I did introduced the male by opening the door separating their cages, I didn't really put much more effort into breeding than that. I dropped the temp, but didn't change any times of the heat. Nor did I bother separating very often.
I didn't witness any matings, ovulation or swelling. She definately hasn't been rolling in the bask spot either...
However, today and yesterday, i have found a slug in her cage. I took her out the back for a closer look and there are a few lumps.
Rushing out for some fresh sphag now...just in case.
It's not a good photo, (bit hard to hold and take the pic) but the lumps are visible in this photo. They are a bit more pronouced than the photo shows.
Your thoughts?

DSC02328.jpg

Cheers

JD

Just quick question, how many peoples Jungle Pythons have had pre-lay sheds or laid yet?

I'm still waiting on my girl to have her pre-lay, she is VERY angry all the time now, tenses her self up in curl etc and even strikes... she used to be so nice...
moves into different positions and curls but I haven't seen milky eyes etc...

My male had milky eyes 4 days ago and I expect him to shed any night now, he and her shed about the same time last time as well so maybe she might wait a little while!

Last edited:
Looks like you need some moss and a big box JD. Morelia can hide the eggs pretty well and when you have that much size to work with, it is even easier. Are you going to be brave and take them away?

Mine had her pre lay on the 4th and a mate had his first clutch dropped this morning , did yours breed later than normal ?

cheers nico

Fingers crossed.
That's what I was hoping, I haven't any experience with Morelia except these guys and have never bred them. Taking the eggs shouldn't be too much of a problem. She is quite well behaved. Just have to get the eggs first.

Looks like you need some moss and a big box JD. Morelia can hide the eggs pretty well and when you have that much size to work with, it is even easier. Are you going to be brave and take them away?

Hopefully this girl drops a nice fertile clutch.
4450g at last weigh in.
Still waiting on prelay.

6161628920_03f14c1bbc.jpg

6235437109_b0fa7caf96.jpg

My childrens laid today lunch time.

12 eggs total,
6 x Fertile
6x slugs

Attachments

• IMG_2239.jpg
    IMG_2239.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Yellow childrens 2011 6.jpg
    Yellow childrens 2011 6.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 57
Thanks. They are yellow children's. The male is a yellow Ghost.

Fingers crossed, will update when they are out.

My favourite Platinum Mac girl has laid - 9 fertile and 2 slugs Woot!! She looks so skinny now, bless her. Time for a well deserved feed!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back