Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My little Georgetown stimson who dropped 8 eggs.316 grams before,215 grams after.The male weighs 156 grams.

This is my baby Girl Cheryl :)

This is what i found yesterday afternoon :)

i wasnt sure i thought she was just trickin lol .... :)

Attachments

• cheryl looking done 003.JPG
    cheryl looking done 003.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 47
  • EGGS!!!!!! 001.JPG
    EGGS!!!!!! 001.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Wow- that may be the record clutch for the species! Just heard from Rob Porter talking about establishing the original colony at the symposium this morning. About a dozen eggs is more normal. It must be those steroid- injected rats;)

No. Definately not the record.
John Weigel had a clutch of 20. (18 fertile and 2 slugs) and Tim Faulkner had a clutch of 20 fertile.
I believe 20 is the current record.

A dozen eggs is normal for a female weighing approx 1300g.
A young female aged 2.5-3yrs and weighing 900-1000g will lay 8-11 for a first clutch.

Once they mature and have the age and weight, they produce more eggs and larger ones.
This is the 4th clutch for this girl. She rested in 2010 but produced clutches in 2007, 2008 and 2009 (9, 11 and 10).

relax time

still was not 100% sure this girl was gravid as this is her first season.... until tonight

Attachments

• P1011475.jpg
    P1011475.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 83
My beautiful intergrade laid a clutch of eggs Christmas Day, two years ago. I hadn't even seen her and the boy together so had my doubts that year, only to find Santa does come to big kids afterall. We hatched out 100% success rate of 23 babies, that year. I only breed her every second year and this year is the season for her. So fingers crossed for her, and another couple that I have together, too.

You must be very busy putting clutches in the incubator lately Mick! How soon until you take some hatchies out? Can't be too long now...

is it possible for this girl not to be gravid this was taking last week i would have expected a pre lay shed by now?

Attachments

• spots on back.jpg
    spots on back.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 93
So close to laying now, just one week away.
IMG_2215.jpg

She looks a bit like one of those long balloons being folded into some sort of shape. She also looks like she will explode rather than lay! The poor womas really stretch much more than the carpets.

You should have seen the ovulation. it was twice as big. When she is resting on her belly she does not look as big. Only when he is belly up does she look this way.

This is another pic taken on the same day, notice she does not look as swollen or have the pinched body.
IMG_2216.jpg

Last edited:
It may not be a pic of the gravid mum, but I had to check the snake room at 430 this morning before running out to work.
4 beautiful BHP eggs. I'm happy with this as she laid a slug in the hot spot a few days ago, so I wasn't sure what she was going to do.

0a3ea4e1.jpg

JD

Nice work chewy.

While were on the subject of BHP's, does anyone use the water method for incubating with these guys? Just curious as apparently they are very sensitive to higher levels of water and prefer to be kept on the dry side?

I don't think too many people use the water method. There was a thread on BHP eggs last season where someone used it and had great results. If can remember what is was called i will post in here.

Bryce

I have possibly two pythons gravid, but they never show like that. My intergrade girl always looks like she isn't going to have anything. Her last clutch - 2yrs ago - she dropped a surprise clutch of 23 on Christmas Day. She wasn't eating so I was somewhat hopeful she was, but she doesn't get visibly fat. So I am just keeping fingers crossed for her this year, and my diamond girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back