Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nasty little kwaka

blackmarket, or even keep them himself ... makes me think of getting taipans and painting them green and call them pythons if anyone breaks in to steal them ill gladly unlock the enclosure for them :D

That's just plain nasty, dangerous and really really good. Great idea Kwaka.:p

Aweee Kiwi.... the amount of times my car got broken into or stolen really doesn't add up to my 'pets' going walkies with another owner without my consent.... Well, atleast you didn't keep your GTPs in your car then... lucky (not to mention the fact that if they were in NZ you'd be having troubles with customs as well as the police... which brings me to my next question.. I wonder if anyone has inadvertantly, or on purpose, ever imported a snake illegally into NZ???) Not hijacking this thread.. just thinking while typing... Go catch those ********$

Agreed, and as I mentioned I have ALOT more examples but won't go into detail here - just really ****es me off and as I mentioned is very disappointing having ppl liberate you of anything, let alone pets. i just meant it seems much more prevelant and noticeable here, which is a shame :(

And slimy... I think you are being a bit nit picky. I hope that all the animals get returned in a healthy state. But something tells me that that wont be happening.

But they are editorial errors :p it's common for newspapers to misprint information... and that poisonous thing bugs me... sorry... but snakes just AREN'T poisonous! Toadstalls and mushrooms (of various varieties) are poisonous... Snakes are venomous - huge diff! But to detract from the point... Go catch em... Hope the police/customs or whoever else catches those crimms and they get what's coming to them!

Lol sorry mate. Think i just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Haha... well to put it in to persepective... atleast your 12 most valuable children weren't ripped from you at gunpoint yesterday....

Wishing for that festy fingernail on the crim... if we all wish it hard enough it will happen (my mumy said so).

So really, you're having a GREAT day :)

this is sick what is wrong with people?? Its a sad day when nothing is safe anymore... i used to worry about my tv and car no i have to add my herps to it???

i shouldnt be suprised my staffy was stolen when i was a kid (and i got him back!!!) i stopped it happening again by getting him desexed.. there is only 2 things a male staffy is stolen for fighting and breeding more fighting dogs and its sick. i No that you cant fight snakes and its a money making thing but what is wrong with the world?

Were is all the bloody respect?? for anything???

the poor kid having his bluey taken!!! its pathetic

This is why I dont like seeing 38 Guests online here. I would much prefer that this be a closed forum. Why do so many people need to read these posts anonymously? Sign up or go to petlink!!!

Lol sorry mate. Think i just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I don't think so... Slimy's contribution to this very important matter is absolutely pointless. This is a thread about a VERY serious crime, not a stage for him/her to nit pick about the vagaries of journalism. In this thread, who cares about what he/she thinks of the difference between poisonous/venomous etc... etc...etc... I certainly don't.

Jamie.

No offence

Agreed, and as I mentioned I have ALOT more examples but won't go into detail here - just really ****es me off and as I mentioned is very disappointing having ppl liberate you of anything, let alone pets. i just meant it seems much more prevelant and noticeable here, which is a shame :(

But is it more prevalent and noticeable here because your actually over here and not over there.:lol:

There are parts of NZ that have excatly the same problem. Most of the problems over here are caused by the Kiwi's that are coming over here in the first place.:shock: :lol:

Only joking about the Kiwi's causing the problems.;) Flam suit on and ready for Kiwicam

True

This is why I dont like seeing 38 Guests online here. I would much prefer that this be a closed forum. Why do so many people need to read these posts anonymously? Sign up or go to petlink!!!

You are a man of wisdom Pete and never a truer word could be spoken.:)

Man i just can't believe this **** just keeps happening. That poor woman, not just for having her bubs stolen, but to be tied up and held at gun point is just terrifying for her and her kids, they will have nightmares for years now, thoes poor kids, and all for a few bucks worth of scales. Their lives will never be the same now.
I for one will never post in a thread started as "what have you got" not telling scum what i have, even tho i have nothing of great value, and at this rate i never will. Why would i work and slog my guts out to get a wonderfull GTP or BHP or woma etc, only to know that the chances of some scum holding me and my girls at gunpoint to get to them is raising everyday. This is the 3rd big theft in as many weeks, and i am shattered to hear about it. This time it has just gone to far, thoes poor kids.
Man, almost makes me not want to let ANYONE know i have snakes. This is just too much.:(:(

That's an excellent point Pete.

This is becoming an absolute joke. It makes our hobby / passion polluted. How can you trust anyone anymore? Even the fact of posting pics of your animals laying a clutch that you are proud of and would like to show all your community buddies..... But at what price?

It's a bloody damb shame.

Something is seriously wrong with this F&*^ up world. (Sorry, I'm a bit irrate today. My wifes friend died on Tuesday night after buying a bunch of &*^%ers a pie on the weekend and then got bashed over it and put in a coma.)

low lifes everywhere, we r all proud of our collections whether small ,medium or large, i would like to be able to show mine to the world. im proud of the reptiles ,improud of the condition they r in and im proud of the conditions they r keeped in, but i have to hide them away like im some kind of dv8, a young fella from where i live knocked on my door the other day wonting to see my babies ,ihad to tell him that i had gotten rid of them,bloody thieves have now turned me into a lier.

Apparently, as reproted in the Advertiser today, the same house had a $20,000 1 metre long GTP stolen from it back in 2004, I remember hearing about it on the news at the time. If the paper realised how common stealing people's herps was they wouldn't be calling it "bizarre". I was only thinking earlier it wouldn't be too hard to make stolen herps look legal on paper in most instances... only thing is, with GTPs, I doubt anyone who had saved up to buy a pair would be willing to lie for a "mate" who stole some saying they bought a clutch from them...

The poor kid that had his blue tongue stolen too... the violin would have been worth a small fortune, why take the blue tongue too?!

I really don't understand people... :( and if the law doesn't catch up with whoever is responsible (in all cases) I hope karma does...

Soory to hear Glimmerman

Sorry to here that Glimmerman. Give my condolences. More crap happening in the world.

On a further point of exotics, stolen herps, smuggling etc etc. This is where I get upset.

People have openly bragged about having Corn Snakes and other animals and having no license at all. This is where the problems arises. If these people do not buy stolen animals, if these people do not buy exotics then there will not be a market for them. It's like anything stop the need and you stop the supply.

I guess most of the stolen animals from this country will most definately be heading over seas to foreign collections. Sorry guys but you have to admit it. If the exotics can come in to our country you can bet your *** they can get out.

It doesn't matter what security system you have it doesn't stop a man with a gun. As has been said it's a very sad world we live in. :-(

That isnt exactly true a man with a gun isnt much of a threat if he has a enough holes in him ;)
If i had over $150000 worth of snakes i would be ready to protect them. Sadly these days if anyone has that amount of valueable herps it seem like its just a matter of time before someone finds out you have them :(
Its a real shame how there are so many dodgy criminals in the herp world.

OMFG, I cant believe this.....
What is our hobbie coming too?
there not drugs, there snakes. why in the world..... you cant blame this on a need to get high, or being high. I'm discusted that our herping comunitie is under threat by some loosers that cant control there f/witt lives.
Was this woman a APS member?
*lightbulb moment* it only just occured to me that NPAWS know everything that we own, who's to say that there isn't a rouge person that works there stealing all of these snakes.*slams fist on desk*

Glimmerman i heard about that on the news, I'm sorry to hear that he was a mate of yours.
my condolences too you, and your family.

dynea

Last edited by a moderator:
Because

The poor kid that had his blue tongue stolen too... the violin would have been worth a small fortune, why take the blue tongue too?!QUOTE]

Because they do not have a heart. They would have been able to clearly see that it was a young boys bed room. The kid had it set up just opposite his bed. These people deserve the 3 strikes and your out rule.:twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back