Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything that happens at the point of a gun deserves all the attention it deserves. Have you ever had a gun pointed at your person? I doubt it.

Not sure if you have your flame suit on but I'd get it ready.

No, I have never had a gun pointed at myself or my family. If I was in that position however, I would give up these snakes in a heartbeat as 9 GTPs ($45k++) is nothing compared to life itself. It doesn't mean however that I don't feel sympathy for Coil's family - who must feel very traumatised by this event.

Orsm perhaps you have never had a bpet for long enought o become emotionally attached to it.
I think you are being a little callous under the circumstances.

Sorry if I sounded a little callous to some people. I certainly didn't intend to downplay the trauma that Coil's family had experienced. If anything, I wish Coil & his family a speedy mental/emotional recovery from this event.

What I was trying to highlight was of the 16,000+ reported armed robberies last year (some ending in violent deaths), only a handful eye-catching ones gets reported to the news. Again, I am not trying to take away any condolences or sympathies for Coil's family but it just seems a bit unfair (to me) that "snake thefts" (or aggravated robbery as Shamous correctly pointed out) would hit the news stand and spread out like wildfire. :rolleyes: In this instance, noone was hurt (physically) so in my glass-half-full view, this news was insignificant.

Sorry if this view offends anyone. Hope the perpetrators get caught.

PS. I am attached to my giant gourami - which I have had for more than 8 years. :D
PPS. Rats, I like my avatar too. :lol:

Coils, i hope for all the best for your family in the future. My deepest sympathies go to your wife and kids, i (for one) know what it's like to have a gun pointed in your face and it's something you never get over. your poor kids will be traumatised for years, and that is the real crime here. Loosing your snakes is one thing, but to cause your kids anguish and terror, that is the most deplorable thing ever. You will be in my prayers, and even more than i wish for the return of your snakes, i wish for a speedy recovery from the terror for your poor kids..
To thoes who would state that this was coils karma, you should be ashamed of yourselves, does anybody's karma deserve having your kids held at gunpoint? i think not.!!!
All the best Coils. No one deserves this and i hope the catch the b@stards!!!!!

Cost

No, I have never had a gun pointed at myself or my family. If I was in that position however, I would give up these snakes in a heartbeat as 9 GTPs ($45k++) is nothing compared to life itself. It doesn't mean however that I don't feel sympathy for Coil's family - who must feel very traumatised by this event.

Sorry if I sounded a little callous to some people. I certainly didn't intend to downplay the trauma that Coil's family had experienced. If anything, I wish Coil & his family a speedy mental/emotional recovery from this event.

What I was trying to highlight was of the 16,000+ reported armed robberies last year (some ending in violent deaths), only a handful eye-catching ones gets reported to the news. Again, I am not trying to take away any condolences or sympathies for Coil's family but it just seems a bit unfair (to me) that "snake thefts" (or aggravated robbery as Shamous correctly pointed out) would hit the news stand and spread out like wildfire. :rolleyes: In this instance, noone was hurt (physically) so in my glass-half-full view, this news was insignificant.

Sorry if this view offends anyone. Hope the perpetrators get caught.

PS. I am attached to my giant gourami - which I have had for more than 8 years. :D
PPS. Rats, I like my avatar too. :lol:

If I could buy a GTP for $5,000 I'd buy 10. You are looking at more like $10,000 each

Unsure about you.

No offense but on one hand you are kind of apologizing if you offended people then on the other hand you say that one one hurt physically and that this news was insignificant.

How can you justify those comments? No one was hurt physically. Do you think what happened to them is a walk in the park, mental scars can last a lifetime. The reason why I guess that the media took it on board as they did is due to the fact that it is uncommon (well in the eyes of the general public).

The news media does not print up a big song and dance story about someone's aunt having cancer or Joe Smith down the street having a car carsh, but if Peter Brock (R.I.P. Brocky) has an accident and dies or Sam Newman has his house broken into it's big news.

It is things that sell news stories that get the publicity and I believe that if this can get the story out there in some way and make things hard for the people who are now attempting to offload these animals then it is, no has to be a good thing.

Just like the little kid that had his Blue tongue stolen from Port Melbourne. It sells.

Any publicity that people can get when it comes to getting their stolen herps back is fine by me.

Sorry about the rant but I for one am glad that these thefts got the publicity that they deserve.

If I could buy a GTP for $5,000 I'd buy 10. You are looking at more like $10,000 each

Done. I should have a few early next year mate and you are welcome to as many as you want at $5k each. I reckon that will be the standard price anyway.

With a background in psychology and very close experience with those that have suffered post traumatic stress associated with armed robery I can tell you that an event is likely to screw you up for years. Different people deal with it in different waysbut the combination of a gun in your face and having it happen in your own home is not good.

Think of this this way. When you recognise that you have done some thing really stupid you tend to feel really embarrased, those that watched you do what ever it was get a laugh but do not have the emotional response. In the case of armed robbery the perpetrators feel bugger all but the victims suffer greatly. This is a severe injustice.

I really feel for the victims in this particular instance.

With a background in psychology and very close experience with those that have suffered post traumatic stress associated with armed robery I can tell you that an event is likely to screw you up for years. Different people deal with it in different waysbut the combination of a gun in your face and having it happen in your own home is not good.

Think of this this way. When you recognise that you have done some thing really stupid you tend to feel really embarrased, those that watched you do what ever it was get a laugh but do not have the emotional response. In the case of armed robbery the perpetrators feel bugger all but the victims suffer greatly. This is a severe injustice.

I really feel for the victims in this particular instance.

For the very first time we agree on something HT :D

Coils,
My heart goes out to you and your family. I have been on the wrong end of a gun during a home invasion and know first hand how devastating that can be for a very long long time. I hope that you and your family can get through this and that it will only bring you all closer. I am also so sorry to hear about the snakes you have lost to this lowlife. A double blow to you all. They are stunning.
Keep strong and dont let the *******s get you down.

very sorry for what has happened to you and your family

on another note, i for one had a gun shoved in my face when i was 8 months pregnant with my first child which was almost 13 yrs ago and to this day i still have nightmares about it, so saying that no one was hurt is an understatement

Having a gun in your face stays with you for life, for those that have had it happen you can only imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back