Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm lucky :)

My missus used to be scared of snakes, but now she has a favorite and she's pretty much claimed Hugo as her own lol.

The only thing she will not tolerate is frogs, but they are easily something I could live without :)

i find the chicks from the bush the most fearful!!

always have the reason that when they where a kid they got chased by a tiger snake,and it followd them to there house and was striking at the fly screen door

I'm lucky :)

My missus used to be scared of snakes, but now she has a favorite and she's pretty much claimed Hugo as her own lol.

The only thing she will not tolerate is frogs, but they are easily something I could live without :)

how can you not like frogs??!! i can understand snakes (big with teeth) but frogs?

always have the reason that when they where a kid they got chased by a tiger snake,and it followd them to there house and was striking at the fly screen door
Ha ha ha ha..... I cannot speak for all of them, and I confess that there do seem to be some "born/raised"that have had a fear put into them by their parents...However in the areas from Coast to inland to Gulf to NT there have been a lot of Jillaroo's willing to admire snakes (at least not run screaming for a big Bwave "cowboy"with a shovel)My Daughter was made and born in the Gulf Country, she adores snakes and all that creeps and slithers ;-) she would be more likely to turn the shovel on whoever was going to hurt the poor snake LOL She is a "Bush Baby" through and through

how can you not like frogs??!! i can understand snakes (big with teeth) but frogs?

I know a woman who puts domestos on green tree frogs, and she gets TONS of them at her place. She can't stand frogs...

The boy I'm seeing....we've been "on and off" for years...in the sense of, neither of us ever ask the other out even though we may as well!

he was repulsed when I got Moray Eels...always said "they're too snake like" well, you can imagine how pleased he is now :p
he won't sleep in my room because of my HATCHLINGS!

I figure...he'll get over it :p if not, my diamond python doesn't play mind games; so it wins!

I honestly think eels lost me more friends/potential partners than the snakes have! Don't know why, weird :|

She doesn't like the cold, wet, slimy feel. They just really creep her out.
She almost had a heart attack when I asked her to get something out of the mailbox knowing there was a frog in there :D
She hates it when I lick her face LMAO!

Hahaha so I'm not the only one who does that :p

Apparently not hahaha.

It's one of those things you've been told not to do but you do it anyway.
That face she makes when I do it always makes me giggle too lol.

im thinking i gotta meet a country man,these city boys think of snakes like a type of vermin. But then again who would trust a man over a snake?? lol

I think I can give insight into this :p

as a country girl, I think it's probably that we're somewhat raised too fear them...since we'll encounter them a lot unlike city kids.
We often had browns eat our budgies for example :p I think it was just easier to tell kids to stay away coz they're bad then risk them tempting fate

This is SO interesting

I keep a record of attendances at the displays I have done with records of sex of people who wanted to handle the slitherers
in 17 years the percentage has changed by .08%

Male 41.2%
Female 58.8%

Whenever I used to tell people I was feeding later it was always more women than men who turned up to watch
First reaction Oh how Gross
Second reaction Can we come back next week??

there is a reason i keep my interests in the hobby on the down low (for now anyway, unless you ask)

then again i've yet to actually date, so can't really give a valid observation :D

I think it's the fact that I won't shut up about them (and the birds, and whatever else I have in care) that scares people off more than the actual snakes. And if I do meet someone that's into the animals, they're not into my other hobbies and generally think I'm nuts. :rolleyes:

It makes me laugh when I show the animals to guys and they start off with "Oh cute" at the possums and then we get to the reptiles and it's suddenly "Uh... that's nice. No, I don't want to touch them." Who could be scared of a diamond hatchy? She's tiny.

This is SO interesting

I keep a record of attendances at the displays I have done with records of sex of people who wanted to handle the slitherers
in 17 years the percentage has changed by .08%

Male 41.2%
Female 58.8%

Whenever I used to tell people I was feeding later it was always more women than men who turned up to watch
First reaction Oh how Gross
Second reaction Can we come back next week??

Well longqi can you send the 58.8% my way. Most woman I meet hate snake.

I think it's the fact that I won't shut up about them (and the birds, and whatever else I have in care) that scares people off more than the actual snakes
I've had this. If I meet new people and they ask me about it I generally go off in a big rant about them. I have learnt to stop talking when I notice the blank stares now though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back