Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell I made the mistake of keeping 2 woma pythons in the same tank and was lucky enough that i was standing by when it did go wrong. I knew in the wild they could be cannibalistic but i got some bad advice that they would be fine if they were well fed and of course being a newbie i did not feed them properly. At that time i joined this forum and found 95% of people were understanding and happy to help. I took their advice, got a new large tank so they both had a home, got advice from breeders on feeding and learned from it. Its important to seek advice as a new starter but also equally important to pass on these learnings and have some empathy for others. Arrogance and rudeness has no place on this forum, it doesn't help anyone and help is what we're all here for :)

@ mitch91 I'm glad it worked out alright and didn't turn you off womas. They really are great snakes.

As for my mistake. When I picked up my first snake from Aae I opened the box in my car to check that my boy was alright. The calico bag he was in had half a dozen elastic bands holding it closed. When I tied it back up I thought that was a bit excessive so I only used two. Anyway he managed to escape out of the bag on the way home. Luckily all he did was bury himself under the shredded newspaper. I almost had a snake on the loose in the car. :shock:

But yeah lesson learnt. :)

I love this thread! We are all human and as long as we are doing all we can, and educating ourselves as much as we can, we can forgive ourselves for making some mistakes!

When I first got my beardie babies they refused to eat for three days! The shop owner we bought them from told us to feed them this paste stuff once a day, and that they probably wouldn't eat for 2 days in their new home, but they wouldn't eat the stuff even though they seemed hungry. After some net research and some tears I got them baby crickets and they ate like crazy!
I learned that pet shop owners don't always have the best information, and took it upon myself to find more reliable sources of info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back