Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how many reptiles do u own

Votes: 12 7.4%
  • over 1

Votes: 56 34.6%
  • over 10

Votes: 54 33.3%
  • over 30

Votes: 18 11.1%
  • over 50

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • over 70

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • 100+

Votes: 14 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One very large carpet python, a bluey, 6 adult beardies (Woohoo my new boy arrives today), 2 dogs, a cat and three feral children....

oh and a whole heap of baby beardies atm :D

Okay i hope they upload :D:D:D
the first one is my newly morphed spotted marsh frog (the only one so far)
2 is one of my growlers
3 is 2 of my RETF
and 4 is one of my SBTF

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 59
How long will it take you to feed the reptiles Jonno,if everyone got fed...

G'day mate,

A bit longer these days now that I'm not breeding my own rodents. I used to feed strictly fresh killed - simply pop up to the rodent room, grab whatever you need, and euthanise it before it was fed off. Now that I feed frozen/thawed, I have to do a bit of preparation...last week I fed about $900 wholesale worth of rodents off...that's a lot of rodents to defrost!

i keep roughly a dozen or so adult coastal carpets in aviaries,fedding time sucks as i have to pull each one out individually to feed...i feed them large food items so it can be very time consuming then there is everything else inside the herp rooms...
3days a week is spent in and out of the herp rooms and the aviaries.
im the same as jonno at the moment,feeding frozen food,painfully time consuming. lol

lol awesome picsd m8,do u have 1 of the hole enclosure how do u grow plants in there...

theres alot more people that have over 100 then i thourght..anu pics of ur setups guys/girls????

Cheers Jonno-Ssssmithy,so those of you that have 50+ snakes to feed,are they fed on a certain day.Thats were the majority of time is spend,thawing out the rodents.I like to feed my snakes fresh killed,but at times i have to feed frozen-thawed.I wouldnt like your rodent bill at all,i gather you havent the time-space to breed your own now.That would have to be such a pain sssmithy to pull them all out to feed them.Cheers.......MARK

Cheers Jonno-Ssssmithy,so those of you that have 50+ snakes to feed,are they fed on a certain day.Thats were the majority of time is spend,thawing out the rodents.I like to feed my snakes fresh killed,but at times i have to feed frozen-thawed.I wouldnt like your rodent bill at all,i gather you havent the time-space to breed your own now.That would have to be such a pain sssmithy to pull them all out to feed them.Cheers.......MARK

yeah, i only feed once a week, every thursday, the only things that get fed out of sync is babies if they arent feeding, they get tried again on monday along with the monitors.

im in the middle of setting up a new rat and mouse shed so i will be breeding in time,but for now frozen is the way,thank god for being mates with a rodent breeder:lol:
it is a pain indeed,not to mention i keep antaresia females in groups of 2-4 per cage so i have to seperate them aswell too feed and i have a good 30odd antaresia females here. :shock:
tuesday is cleaning day wednesday is feeding day for snakes in banks, sunday is feed day for snakes in tubs/aviarys along with a general spot clean.

i also am building a new herp room, at the moment i have 3bedrooms being used, the new herp room is 10m L x 4mtres wide with a small hatchling/incubator room adjacent to it thats a 3x3m room. its going to make life easy thats for sure :Dill be sure to show u pics of the finished product ;)

got 6... will prob end up with 1 or 2 more in the next couple of months.... I find at the moment that the husbandry is really easy to keep up with so a couple more won't hurt....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back