Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aussiereptilekid

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i was olding my snake and then i touched her really fast which made her automatically strike so it was my fault she striked and for some reason im actually happy i got bit by her and she is only a children's python she is a year old so it didn't really hurt. but i want to no when was the first time you got bitten by a reptile so please reply cause i would like to hear about them thanks:D

First time I got struck was only a few weeks ago, by my new Jungle Python.. She is 12 months old and had never been handled, so she was fear aggressive. It was a bit of a shock, but didn't hurt. Then about a week later I got struck by my yearling Spotted, and he actually drew blood.. :shock:

first time i got bitten was about 2 weeks after i got my first spotted, she's a snappy one, and always strikes, but doesnt really bite..

My first decent bite was a couple weeks ago, by my male spotten, it was a feeding response bite, he bit my finger, threw a few coils around me and tried to eat my finger lol..
drew a tiny bit of blood, but doesnt really hurt..

hey thanks for the reply's yer mine was a year old childrens python and she has striked at me but never quick enough to get me but yesterday she got me right on the middle part of the finger and drew a little bit of blood. cmon guys lets get some more stories of when the first time you got bit.

I got bit at a reptile park when a guy in front of me was holding an adult Spotted Python. It was just a simple nip-and-release bite but it bled like crazy!

First bite was our hatchling coastal about a year and a bit ago, no blood drawn and it felt like velcro lol. First bite that drew blood... wow... my in-law's darwin carpets? I can't actually remember now lmao. I haven't had a really decent one yet though, although my husband's been caught up in my in-law's woma's coils for a full 15 minutes before she let go, and both our jungles have made him spit blood for quite a while.

woah nighthawk iv'e never got bit by a big snake like carpet pythons and womas etc but when im older i want to get more reptiles due to im in school now so when im older im gonna have to get bitten once hopefully not ahhaha keep em coming

first time i got bitten was about 8 years ago when i had a water python.....she was an adult....was my own fault tho...i was feeding her..threw the rat in and she mustn't have smelt it and started to come out the enclosure..stupid me tried to guide her back in the enclosure....she must have got a whiff of the rat at the same time that i moved my have..and wham...she grabbed me hard...was fairly painful...still got a couple of marks on my hand from it.....

moral of the story:....Dont go near a snake when their is food around

i was first bitten about 9yrs ago when i got my first ever snake which is a childrens pythons, i still have him and he is by far my most favourite out of all my reptiles, I got nipped the first time i ever held him, he was a hatchy and went crazy lol hence the name snapper. He settled after a month and havent been bitten by him in years!

my first bite came from a olive python... bout 3 metres long.... apparently i smelt a bit like rats XD.... thought he would come have a taste :)

G'day aussiereptilekid, Seems like first time handlers buy children's or spotted's as their first snake and that is sensible, also seems like we all tend to get bitten by our first snakes too. I first got bitten by my female 18 month old blonde spotted yesterday. She's been handled well since hatching, eats well, sheds completely and is normally pretty docile. Anyway, last night she was very active in her enclosure and I thought I'd open it up and bare hand her out for a play. Normally we always hook our snakes out, but she was pretty much half out and I moved in too quickly and she whacked the side of my hand hard. Even though her mouth is small she opened up pretty wide and smacked from the fleshy part near my little finger to my middle finger knuckle. Just a strike bite, no gripping bite and just a spot of blood where her little fangs got me. Didn't hurt, didn't scare me off, just reminded me to use the hook each and every time I handle! LOL, keep handling mate, you'll get whacked again for sure!!!

hey luvbuz yer children's python is a good snake to start of with that is y i got her and there littile that is y i got her to get used of pythons and i would love to own more when ive moved out of the house and i will keep handling her but even if she does bite me i still love her tanks for the comments everyone hopefully more people will reply.

My first bite's not much of a story... just got bit while chosing my first MD a couple of weeks ago.. incidently i chose to take a different one home.. :p

My brothers first on the other hand is probably worth me telling on his behalf.... he removed a wild 5ft carpet python from a mates place and between catching it and relocating it decided to show his daughter how to safely handle a python... and as murphy's law would have it.. brushed its tale and about eight mins later got its mouth of his hand!!

First time I got bit was when I had a Royal Python in the UK, it was like a pinprick but still drew blood. Also got bitten by a marbled Gecko today, quite funny watching them trying to bite because you can barely feel it.:)

ive been bitten a few times by my womas and my jungle. 1st time i got bitten was when i went to move some paper in my jungles enclosure. it was kinda rolled up so probably looked a little like food. didnt hurt but bled like crazy.
when the womas bite its always a feeding response and they hang on wrap ya up and dont let go for 5-15 minutes. doesnt bleed much but ya get a lil sore from being constricted for so long.
good luck with it all and im sure you will get bitten more.

hahhha thanks bucky yer ive seen on youtube of a kid that get's bitten by a woma and it wrapped around him and didnt let go for about 6 minutes it was pretty crazy and yer i probably will get tagged again hahah keep the reply's coming

yea dont worry to much about it. if he latches on dont try force it off. you will do damage. i seen on an episode of snake bytes that they use listerine and it works. good luck

yer i dont want to damage her teeth and dont worry im not gonna force her off anytime she bites but listerine works ay never knew that thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back