Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbow-Serpent

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Here are the conditions

- It cant be incredibly fat
-A 10yr has to be able to handle it

my size limit is around the 1 and a half mark , but if its only like 10 or 15cm bigger then that would be okay.:D:D:D:D:D

edit* ive looked up snakes and ive found "Jungle Carpet Pythons", they seem very pretty, any good?

Last edited:
ur options are..............1. stimpsons python 2.childrens python 3. spotted python

all are pretty good

my fav is the stimpsons python

or a pygmy python but they are rare..............:D

hope that helped

-gonff-

You could get a nice woma (just make sue you grab a small locale) as long as your budget is a bit bigger then a spotted.

If you have been told you can get any snake you want but you have to be able to handle it i would just say to your parents "the albino olive is a great first time snake" :lol:

Wait to they see the price.

Cameron

Albino Darwin Carpet are very placid and a dream to handle.
Great first snake

What about an Atherton. they might be a bit chubby when full grow, but if you get a hatchie, by the time its full grown your ten year old will be 15-16. they can grow together.

Hi Rainbow,

Usually I'd recommend a coastal carpet for a first time snake, but if you're looking at something that small then your best bet will be with an Antaresia of some form. I personally think that Maccies are the best looking (but that's just my opinion), and of all the Antaresia I have my Maccie is the most placid. They won't break the bank either ;-)

Last edited:
If you have been told you can get any snake you want but you have to be able to handle it i would just say to your parents "the albino olive is a great first time snake" :lol:

Wait to they see the price.

Cameron
Ha!

Yeah i tried that, the saw one up for 30,000 and Mum nearly fainted! hehe it was a good laugh.

Tell her you want a scrubby python.

Just assure your mum it wont grow too much over 7 or 8 metres

Just get a pair of green tree pythons,when they get bigger than 1meter,i will take care of them...seriously Antaresia family you cant go wrong...

Another vote or the Antaresia as first snakes. Easy to keep, stay reasonably small, easy on the budget. We've got a maculosus and a stimson - both brilliant animals. You might like to buy a yearling. They aren't so tiny, so can't escape as easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back