Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeHugger

Reaction score
How do you stop buying more?

I own to date a albino darwin, 1 X 100% het Darwin, BHP, Jungle (yet to be collected) - and now I want another before I have even picked up my newest addition!

Seriously considering buying a olive. Have been looking at peoples olives and have gotten so jealous. But I also want a hypo coastal, or orange pepper - something along those lines.

What do I choose first?

I suppose it doesnt matter, i will end up with both of them before the year is up anyway. SIGH.

I buy a new snake and snake food before a new item of clothing atm.

Hehehe Know the feeling! I'm hoping that once i have a pair each of the ones i want i'll stop...should just be Olives and MD's now...i have the others!

I stop myself by research, normally ending in the requirements for when they are an adult. I want frogs, turtles, BHP, Olive, Shingles etc but the things that stop me are availability at the time, what IS available (turtles) and enclosure requirements for an adult. I have nowhere to put an enclosure for an adult BHP let alone an olive. At the time the only turtles I could find were longnecks and macquaries and I had Zero room for a 6 foot tank or anything bigger.
Being responsible makes it easy for me. While it's easy for the first 12 months to 2 years, think of the room and food after that!
Oh and I prefer pet shopping and trinket shopping to clothes shopping ANYTIME! I'm a weird girl!

Luckily not of everything - just the critters i want..lol - have the lizards and the snakes i want - except for the Olives and MD's now - if i end up with a pair of each that will well and truly do me...lol

I stop myself by research, normally ending in the requirements for when they are an adult. I want frogs, turtles, BHP, Olive, Shingles etc but the things that stop me are availability at the time, what IS available (turtles) and enclosure requirements for an adult. I have nowhere to put an enclosure for an adult BHP let alone an olive. At the time the only turtles I could find were longnecks and macquaries and I had Zero room for a 6 foot tank or anything bigger.
Being responsible makes it easy for me. While it's easy for the first 12 months to 2 years, think of the room and food after that!
Oh and I prefer pet shopping and trinket shopping to clothes shopping ANYTIME! I'm a weird girl!

I do that too too a degree. I would never buy a adult snake atm (besides my 3 year old bhp, but he inst a 'adult' yet)... but I know where I am now I don't have enough space, only a small herpin enclosed veranda, but I figure i will out on property (well a bit more room) before my babies reach adulthood anyway.. I think i could fit a few more 6ft tanks atm though... Just get rid of my study desk ;) haha. I love cloths... but snakes are so much better! oh I have the pet shopping bug too.. had it since I cant remember.. I want to buy another fighter every time I go in there. I stopped myself last time though... very proud of myself!

I like your responsible thinking!

Luckily not of everything - just the critters i want..lol - have the lizards and the snakes i want - except for the Olives and MD's now - if i end up with a pair of each that will well and truly do me...lol

Oh i see! Well i found hatching olives for sale for $200 FML and located where I live as well FML. I could just swing past and spend a pay check easily! (so looking at your location, in driving distance from you too Kitarsha!)

Md's are beautiful!

I think my problem is I broke up with my BF which was the only person who i listened to when he told me I dont need any more...

Last edited:
I am the same I got every snake I want so far apart from. A olive python(albino) and a diamond python and a albino carpet
i got 2 bhp's, 3 coastals (2hypo) a woma, spotted python, bredli, and a rough scale python and a turtle
but I have to try and not get anymore which sucks

We've made a rule that the next ones we get will be our last until we buy our own house.

Not only do we not have room but we are trying to save the deposit! Not a good hobby when you are trying to do that!

Olives are pretty cool, I never liked them to begin with, however they're pretty inquisitive and active. Definitely should get some.

I love my olive, he may be my favorite atm. He's a real **** when he's hungry, striking as you walk past his enclosure. But during that window after hes finished digesting and isnt thinking about eating, he's the sweetest boy. I also know what its like not being able to stop. I've got pairs of womas, bhp's, bredli, an albino darwin and 2 male hets, 3 jungles, and single diamond, proserpine, olive and childreni. I want pairs for my singles and want to get pairs of murray darlings, water pythons, RSP's and GTP's. Maybe after that I'll stop or start keeping elapids :) Mind you, could be a race to see who would kill me first, the elapids or my wife. Somehow i think i would be better off getting in the enclosure with the snake :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back