Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a serious note either one of the Antaresia pythons if you want something that is easily handled. You can also get very friendly and easily manageable Murray Darlings.

Maybe a Boodarie Woma? Are smaller than the other locales of woma and very pretty, placid animals!

get a bredli they are awesome and easy to handle:D
Bredls are great animals, but 7 foot long is NOT in the length range that rainbow serpent has been given. None of the Morelia stay small enough (less than 1.5 metres) if cared for properly. My Darwins and Bredls are already at the metre mark and they are not quite yearlings.

Albino Darwin Carpet are very placid and a dream to handle.
Great first snake

Given the expense, are not a wise choice for a first snake.

If a novice keeper messes up, they are out of pocket thousands of dollars.

I know you like the jumgles but they can be total psycos. If you plan on getting more snakes from your mum do not start with a jungle. The childrens are great but don't get much size on them so may not be good for convincing mum to go bigger in the future. Murray darling, darwin or any other of the carpet species (some grow big so check first) will be great, also as someone said womas are really gorgeous to look at and have personality (your mum will fall in love). Good luck with it.

everyones saying how nice the Antaresia pythons are lol.. ANY snake can be nasty, i have satan sitting in a tub at home at the moment and hes just a spotted :p

id probably go a stimmi, i reckon they look gorgeous colour wise and they have cute lil heads lol.

I know you like the jumgles but they can be total psycos. If you plan on getting more snakes from your mum do not start with a jungle. The childrens are great but don't get much size on them so may not be good for convincing mum to go bigger in the future. Murray darling, darwin or any other of the carpet species (some grow big so check first) will be great, also as someone said womas are really gorgeous to look at and have personality (your mum will fall in love). Good luck with it.
Hehe, not likely, she hates snakes. But good adivce though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back