Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought it was very believable that we have accomplished so much with our RPM's in such a short time span....with our own home grown stock.

I think its irrelevant what we all would prefer to call or name different pattern morphs that originate overseas .
That right goes to the original breeder who produced the morph .

I find it rather funny how people would like to change names for morphs that has been in herpetoculture throughout the world previously .
Not that we should follow blindly in others foot steps?
and if new ozzie morphs are produced then the breeder can name them as he sees fit.

But windging about names of morphs that have already come into herprticulture is kind of petty if you ask me.

The names all sound good to me , ie albinos , jags, tigers, zebras, super zebras , caramels,super caramels and any combination of these Carpet Python morphs are totally stunning .

OR you can breed your own distinctive new morph and then you get to name it what ever you like lol
and enjoy being bagged on here lol

my 2 cents

cheers
Roger

I agree roger.. personally I call them rpm's as this is the name the breeder of my stock calls them..

I just call these one's "het for albino"

Attachments

• DSC030091.jpg
    DSC030091.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC030101.jpg
    DSC030101.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC02939.jpg
    DSC02939.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Stunning RPM het for albino you got there Col ,,,,
I like the name RPM too ,
its so easy for me to understand .
Roger

i'll have to come up with a name for this little het darwin i bred then.any ideas? i keep getting told i can't call it the "ugly little grey thing".

Attachments

• axd1.jpg
    axd1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 203
  • axd7.jpg
    axd7.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 218
thanks roger :D

i'll have to come up with a name for this little het darwin i bred then.any ideas? i keep getting told i can't call it the "ugly little grey thing".

geez that ones coming along great simon :D

Super silver stone Darwins lol

Will be nice to see if its inheritable (if thats the correct word to be used)

Simon to me that female looks hypo and axanthic , good luck with proving her genetics .
What about a platinum darwin ?
cheers
Roger

Why not ULGT then? Then the name kinda looks like ugly too, like the brand ****. That being said I don't think it's ugly Simon. :D

That's a very interesting little baby, Slimebo :) Good luck with it :)

I'm pretty sure Simons Jags are only a really small percent of what's out there and I can guarantee none of my Jags came from his stock. Mine have neuro problems and all so this guarantees me they are true Jags."Puts flame suit on"

Or het for should be in my collection!!
Looking good Col

I agree roger.. personally I call them rpm's as this is the name the breeder of my stock calls them..

I just call these one's "het for albino"

I'm pretty sure Simons Jags are only a really small percent of what's out there and I can guarantee none of my Jags came from his stock. Mine have neuro problems and all so this guarantees me they are true Jags."Puts flame suit on"

got any pics? would love to see some other lines..

So is the heretability of the appearance reflected by the name or is it merely a phenotypic discription?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back