Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We would all be a little nieve if we thought only hundreds of greens were smuggled and nothing else.
Just because there not showing up on APS (few thousand members) you cant rule out them not being in the rest of the herp community.

Im sure there are others outhere, but they are few and far between..........As said I have put the word around through a number of very well well connected herpers and nobody came up with the goods......

We would all be a little nieve if we thought only hundreds of greens were smuggled and nothing else.
Just because there not showing up on APS (few thousand members) you cant rule out them not being in the rest of the herp community.

We would also be a little nieve to think that nothing got smuggled out such as albinos. Never let the law get in the way of making a few bucks.

Im sure there are others outhere, but they are few and far between..........As said I have put the word around through a number of very well well connected herpers and nobody came up with the goods......

Comeon barra, if you wanted to keep something quiet would you tell those "well connected" herpers LOL

so whats going to be the going price this year? same as last year or because there is more around- less?.. it could be the differents between buying 1 or 2-3 this year.. rough idea?

so whats going to be the going price this year? same as last year or because there is more around- less?.. it could be the differents between buying 1 or 2-3 this year.. rough idea?

There's going to be a price crash because there are so many being produced this year and because of the economy and the vibe.

There's going to be a price crash because there are so many being produced this year and because of the economy and the vibe.

Ah yes, the economy... I predict the value of scales will be down 40% next year lol....

But yeah I agree... The more there is the less they are, and being that it's a co-dom trait, it's easy to produce large quantities fast...
I guess the question is... what will be next?

Maybe the Super Tiger Jaguar Pythons? (lol at the name)
stjag.jpg

Mungus
You would have to ask sxr that......I dont want to speculate on their behalf......

Definitely since they are full blood IJs.

Given that IJ's are M. s. variegata, I don't think it would be a huge stretch at all to have them pass as Darwins in a generation or two. A bit longer maybe given the recessive nature of that particular trait but is likely to happen none the less. Depending on how long they have been on Aussie shores already (who would know), it could conceivably be any time!

Agreed Barra, quality not quantity matters. While there may indeed be big numbers, ordinary quality RPM's (or what the heck ever anyone wants to call them!) will simply not move like the animals displaying better examples of this particular mutation.

So sxr were the first to introduce this line in Australia........
How did they get the Jag Trait ?

Mungus
You would have to ask sxr that......I dont want to speculate on their behalf......

I'd love to hear from simon how they came about. I highly doubt he would jump on a forum and try to explain it - it would only end in a big debate between the jag lovers and haters.

Whatever he did to get them i think he deserves a little pat on the back, great looking animals and they are only going to get better with time.

I asked that question to Simon, got a good answer... but I would rather you guys ask him in person lol

slimbo the term 'TUNA' is what the yanks are calling silver type coastals... maybe 'Barra-Kuta' or 'barramundi" maybe for top end silver coastals...

The original TUNA, as in "bumblebee Tuna" refers to Diamond x coastal as far as i can remember. And TUNA II is an 06 unknown high percentage diamond X owned by Luke snell... here's a link to his latest clutch Some 2010 75% Tuna II Updates

regards
Nigel

Agreed Barra, quality not quantity matters. While there may indeed be big numbers, ordinary quality RPM's (or what the heck ever anyone wants to call them!) will simply not move like the animals displaying better examples of this particular mutation.

i think at this point in time, quality doesn't really matter too much to people as most just want the co -dominant gene to put into there projects ,but yes in time when more are bred the quality over quantity rule will apply and people will want the better looking jags.

Very nice snake A.M. pythons , are you breeding that one this year?

i think at this point in time, quality doesn't really matter too much to people as most just want the co -dominant gene to put into there projects ,but yes in time when more are bred the quality over quantity rule will apply and people will want the better looking jags.

Very nice snake A.M. pythons , are you breeding that one this year?

thanks.. not this year... quality matters to me, i want be buying sub-standard rpm's to breed with, only the best available..

Diplay pic

album.php
There has been several posts of late about "jags" and or "rpms". It would seem that both terms refer to the same or similar lines of reptiles.

It seems like the term "RPM" has been coined in Oz whereas overseas they are called "jags"

My question is, should we in Oz continue to use both terms which can be confusing or should we join the rest of the world and go with the word jag.

Another question, I'm told that "RPM" stands for reduced pattern ?????????????

The attached pic was emailed to me by a friend, it's only about 9 months old
The one in my display pic belongs to a friend of mine,it is very cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back