Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wokka.... rpms are jags owned by dyslexics.... the end.... they are jags.... cant make it any clearer really.

I'm sure others would agree that Jags have a definate phenotypic appearance compared to RPMs.. I personally think their eyes are a give away but not necessarily..

A pic of one that Barra and myself did last season......

Attachments

• Picture 2406.jpg
    Picture 2406.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 238
slimbo the term 'TUNA' is what the yanks are calling silver type coastals... maybe 'Barra-Kuta' or 'barramundi" maybe for top end silver coastals...

slimbo the term 'TUNA' is what the yanks are calling silver type coastals... maybe 'Barra-Kuta' or 'barramundi" maybe for top end silver coastals...

i cant say that TUNA excites me too much.i might have at start a little competition to name it.maybe put up a pair of this coming season hets (sibs to the ugly little grey thing)as a prize,or something like that.can i do that on this site colin.
cheers
simon

i cant say that TUNA excites me too much.i might have at start a little competition to name it.maybe put up a pair of this coming season hets (sibs to the ugly little grey thing)as a prize,or something like that.can i do that on this site colin.
cheers
simon
great idea...

Devil: Is that one of his high percentage jungle mixes? Have to be careful with these names now.

i think that we should stay with rpm and the rest of the world can catch up with us and drop jag cause they are australian pythons after all

From what I heard the differnces are:
- RPM
Breed two sidling rpm together and all in the clutch will look the same or similar to parents
Breed over other species and all look like varying characteristics to parents (average looking hybrids) with no special patterning
No neuro problems

-Jags
Breed the two sidlings together and get some dead leut. things
Breed over other species and get a some very unusual weird looking patterns
Neuro problems occur to verying degrees

The two lines no doubt would have crossed it some point in an attempt to get rid of the neuro problems. Probably more differences but thats from what I gather; Im not particularly interested in getting any of them so havent looked into it all in greater detail.

cheers
simon

your best off asking slateman about this first simon.. either by pm or via the support centre

Devil: Is that one of his high percentage jungle mixes? Have to be careful with these names now.

Now that's a new one, a high percentage jungle. I gotta go back to or maybe go to school to keep up with all these new name.
The mother of that "silverback" was a very nice julattan jungle.

there are 50% jungle rpm's, & 75% jungle rpm's, i dont think anyone has done an 88% jungle in oz yet... i could be wrong(i have been many times)...

God only knows what the percentages of influence these snakes have! Can we call them snakes? At least we know they are snakes! Devil: I think we might have a goldenback, brother to the silverback, in our collection!

Turtle.....

I have been told that there are numerous other lines of Jags out there. However to date not one person has been able to show me a Jag that didnt come from either Simon or myself.

I even sent text messages with photos to a few friends in Sydney last year, 2-3 weeks later I got calls from other herpers offering me Jags. I asked for photos and the funny thing was, the pics of the so called for sale jags were my own snakes........

pics or they dont exist........

A pic of one that Barra and myself did last season......

The parents that produced this RPM/JAG look like they will succesfully reproduce again this season, the father is the WHITE RPM/JAG I have posted before and looking at that juvenile and others from the same pairing I am starting to think they are possible axanthics......

It looks like I will breed ALBINO RPM/JAGS this season, so in time I will try for SNOW carpets and SNOW RPM/JAGS, so its only a matter of time to prove it out.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back