Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

basketcase

Reaction score
looking for a few ideas for making my own enclosures and there werent many in the galleries...

so post yours here!

Plastic tubs,

cant get a better elapid cage!

Here is a bad pic of a simple cage I built for my 4ft carpet

I guess the photo doesn't show much. Its only got a single light fitting which I run a 40 or 60 watt pearl or red or blue globe in. There is a cage around the globe. I use atro turf over newspaper as a substrate. You can see vents in the corner and there is similar in other corner. Front is two sheets of sliding glass. Snake was unwilling to pose and is in log.

I haven't found I've needed a heat mat yet but may look into it this winter.

Hope this is of some use bearing in mind that our climates a little different here in the West.

Shax

LOL in basketcase's defense i looked at the pics there and there was 35 photos but several of the same enclosures and not really what we were looking for when we started to build ours either :)
Ours have been made out of recycled floorboards :)
i'm not posting pics of them till they are completly finished, just waiting on the postie with all my light gards and thermostats... then ill post a few.

Just wondering what you're using as substrate there ssssnakeman and you haven't found any problems with burnsnfrom the globes?I would suggest a cage for the globes but otherwise looks great!!!

newspaper, and no i havnt had any burn issues yet,i have a feeling this is an intelligent little jungle as apposed to the lot less active coastal,he has sniffed the lights and that was enough,,actually i cant take my eyes off him for long,,cos its so cute,so hes pretty well monitored

baz

Whats the grass like stuff SSSnakeman, where didya get it?

heres a few. Never miss an op! :lol:

Thanks, never seen it but my ewd and frogs might like it. I'll keep an eye out. :wink:

very happy,but needs a girlfriend..him and his boyfriend have been with us for yrs and they have never seen a female,so,any girls in the melb area,pm me for my number,,lol,,hope the wife dosnt see this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back