Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've seen it before. Almost finished now too.
I used melamine and chipboard. It worked in the kitchen.

Tim, Thats got me thinkin of bashing a hole in my loungeroom wall! hmmm......Looks good :D

Playwell, yes its a good view out the office window, we can keep an eye on every one to make sure they are working!

InStar, have fun with the sledge hammer mate, I am glad that it has giving you some idea's.

Regards Tim

www.ultimatereptiles.com.au

Hugsta.... you seal and paint with an oil based gloss? I thought i would have to do that but after experimenting with this paint (water based) is seals the timber and wipes all stuff off fine. I made some rodent enclosures from MDF and painted. I hose it out once week and still no dramas with swelling in the timber.

I seal the timber first with a primer/sealer and then paint with a couple of coats of gloss. Seals up really well and is also easy to wipe clean.

hugsta,

For the front of the cage we used sliding glass door with the glass window on the other side. They come in the frame and are quite easy to built a cage around. I am not at work to messure it but I think it is about 2 and a half meters across the front, two meter high and abount one and a half deep. If you want the exact size PM or email me and I will messure it up tomorrow when back down there.

Regards Tim

www.ultimatereptiles.com.au

No that's fine Tim, just a rough guess was all I was after. I was thinking of getting a pair of scrubs and wanted an idea of how much room they need. Your enclosure certainly looks big enough to keep them happy.

Heres one I've been making this weekend. Still a bit to do.
90043f09.jpg

96a2c54b.jpg

d06506c8.jpg

hugsta the cage we have them is more than bigger anough, you would not need to go to that extream if you did not have the room mate.

Regards Tim

No worries, thanks for that, I don't have the room for an enclosure of those proprtions so I hesitated on getting them. I wanted them but I also want to make sure I the room to house them.

Peter,

That looks awesome mate, must have cost you a pretty penny for all that glass though. Will be looking forward to the finished results. What are you going to be housing in it??

lets see your enclosures

huggy it looks like its the new home for the 2 legged pets (ie kids) lol. i think i need to build me a big one of them for my kids.lol
i also look forward to seeing it finished.

its 10mm uv rated acrylic. How am I going to roof it? Details, mere details. Im not sure yet.

what about the big question pete whats going into it?

Wow peter I'm jealous of that one. Cant wait to see it finished.
Tourett

Hey pete, you should see the lizard pits and croc cages at perth zoo.
They'd give you some great ideas what to do with all that (free) perspex.

LOL Herc, great new play centre for kids.....LOL

Roof it....ahhh, who needs a roof...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back