Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeh, sure it's for a female frog ssssnakeman....LOL;-)

enclosures

how do i post an image?
I have many designs on hand, I built terrariums for every reptile and rodent need...

Would like to post some pics of my designs because i also like to see other peoples ideas.

SO.....how do i post an image please..................[/img]

RE: enclosures

if you click on post reply all the info is theres just above the text box.

build an enclosure

ok ok, found the add an attachment thing below...was looking at the URL links above which are not suitable..

RE: build an enclosure

Nice looking enclosure rascal.

I make all mine from MDF.

I started a weekend hobby this year making enclosures, weekend....because I work full time in Katherine.
I have been making them for the local pet store, Now i find it hard keeping up with orders! had to take some extra holidays over easter so I could catch up with my orders! lol

I have lots more pics if anyone is interested in design ideas for themselves. I would also like to see some other peoples designs too!

What have you painted inside the enclosure with. It looks like some sort of effect paint, like a washed finish or something.

it is called a tuscan effect......water proofs the timber too.

I think it looks better than the standard flat finishes

It does look good mate which is why I asked. I normally seal the timber and paint it with an oil based gloss.

Nice enclosures Rascal. Nice and simple and uncluttered. I've been talking to Sue n Meridith from Pet Priority up there in Katherine lately. Sound like nice people. Cheers Cheryl

Hey Rodent!

Yeah they are nice people, thats who I have been dealing through to sell my enclosures in Katherine.

Hugsta.... you seal and paint with an oil based gloss? I thought i would have to do that but after experimenting with this paint (water based) is seals the timber and wipes all stuff off fine. I made some rodent enclosures from MDF and painted. I hose it out once week and still no dramas with swelling in the timber.

Wow, nice cages guys.

I'll go clean the fingerprints of ours and take some pics to show you :)

Oh! About the artificial grass stuff; apparently real astroturf isn't good for them because of the fibres and the plastic 2 dollar grass is safe, because it has no fibres.

These are my first attempt at making my own enclosures. 1630x600x600

"Proto Types" :wink:

(I have found with the sliding glass door type, the doors tend to be hard to slide after a little time especially if stacked, and can only access half the enclosure at a time.)

I was after a frameless glass door front to maximise viewing. And provide a clean looking and neat apperrance with maximum access.

These are simple and are working well, the next ones are going to have a smaller centre brace with slightly larger glass doors.

Hope you like them.

:) Craig :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back