Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mitchdiamond, you have saved me from getting arrested for murder i9f somone had gone for my Burns Dragon. I can't speak enough about how much i love that little animal. He is such a fantastic creature when he isn't so freaked out. Could set of teeth and claws too.

Simone.

It was very enjoyable, I was so impressed with the way it was run and the turn out. If the kids bothered you you weren't focused enough or you dont get out enough and Im agrophobic. I admit i was somewhat concerned about the show animals and not just because of kids. If they tap on the glass its only because they see adults doing it as well. I didnt have enough time to talk to everyone and missed a few that I couldnt place but they came back to me later. Would have liked to see more people support AFTCRA. Its not about the quality of the T-shirt but the quality of the aims and they are par excellance. Nice to see Gabriel Latta; from AFTCRA; there who flew down especially for the show.

it was a awsome day my first reptile show i really wanted to get a python but wasn;t able to thanx heaps for the turtle peterjohnson64

awesome show guys! big pat on the back to everyone who was involved. we could easily have stayed a while longer but had other committments. this was the first show we had been to and i was surprised how packed it was just after 10am! bet all you guys are buggered today!

so many beautiful animals on display and helpful people everywhere. fell in love with all the baby beardies (we were on a research mission - will be getting some soon) and the baby turtles were just gorgeous.

congrats to whoever won the people's choice awards and everyone who entered their herps.

yes there were a few bogans there but it was great anyway!

noni

consequence;753090Would have liked to see more people support AFTCRA. [/QUOTE said:
Noth Turtle winners donated their prize money ($150) to AFTCRA and seeing as I bought my Gammons off Craig & Gabrielle I dontated that to them as well. so they managed another $200 in donations.

I will have a for sale thread up soon for the rest of the T Shirts mate. It would also have been good to get some more AFTCRA members. Once they have 50 they can become a tax deductible organisation for receiving donations.

And Simon Watharow left with absolutley no stock at all. He sold EVERYTHING!!!! Well done mate.

Would have liked to see more people support AFTCRA. Its not about the quality of the T-shirt but the quality of the aims and they are par excellance. Nice to see Gabriel Latta; from AFTCRA; there who flew down especially for the show.

Hi and thanks for that! We had a choice of 3 styles of T-shirts and the one we chose was the most expensive brand and the one that the company recommended will last the longest. They were printed with the "Save the Mary River" mascot Travis the Mary River turtle and we have sold hundreds of them to many people including turtle research scientists, vets and business men who have the fortitude to see that it is for a good cause unlike some people who just see "what they can get out of it"!!

BTW, on Friday 16th February, we released the first 60 Mary River turtles back into the wild which was the first time in Australia a private breeder of an endangered species has been able to do this. These first 4 clutches were released in 4 slightly different locations and the release was filmed by someone from Natural Resources, Mines and Water Qld. Unfortunately our compact flash card failed and all of our photo's were lost. Luckily, two turtle researchers from France accompanied us and took plenty of photo's!

By the way Mick, if we had have sold these turtles we would have made $9,000, but much preferred to do the right thing for the conservation of an endangered species and support a good cause!

Regards,

Craig
AFTCRA Inc.

Congrats on the success of releasing this endagered sp back into the wild, must have been a really emotional day!

Your doing a wonderful thing for the Turtles and deserve a big pat on the back!

Congrats on the success of releasing this endagered sp back into the wild, must have been a really emotional day!

Your doing a wonderful thing for the Turtles and deserve a big pat on the back!

Thanks Pugsly! it was awesome to see them swimming around in the wild!
I chose some really nice spots for them!

Cheers,

Craig

P1000365.jpg

FrancksPhotos2113.jpg

Wow, that is a beautiful looking river...

Congrats on the release and it was great to see the turtles at the show...might seem like a small thing but I really liked the pics of the turtles on the wall, it's good to see how different they look when they mature...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back