Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jessop

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
OK all you snake keepers out there, it's time for a light hearted most embarrasing tag contest! The winner gets to feel even more foolish for posting it on a public forum :oops: and hopefully everyone gets a few laughs out of peoples mistakes/stupidity :lol:

Anyway i'd better kick it off...

After changing the water bowl for my mates 2.5 meter carpet i got distracted as my mate started talking to me while my hand was still in the enclosure. Anyway i occasionally become quite animated while talking and wave my hands about to emphasize a point. This time was no different and as i was "talking with my hands" and forgetting one hand was waving vigorously in front of a hungry snake, i felt a rather sharp pain. :oops: After the snake realised i was not food, it quite happily released my offending hand and went back to basking, leaving me with a rather stupid embarrased look on my face and my 1st decent snake bite. Wish i had it on video, my friend still has a chuckle everytime i go round there. He told me only afterward that he saw the whole incident happening but didnt want to interupt me while talking :lol: And also that he wanted to see what kind of damage his snake would inflict if he got bitten :roll: what a great mate :lol:

So guy's n gal's, share your "most stupid tag moment" with us all, i know i'm not the only one out there :lol:

Well I don't have a snake bite moment so sue me for talking about lizards :).

anyway, I got a new large adult male EWD that was a rescue so he was actually a wild animal. I bought him home in all his majesty and got him out of his bag. I was showing him to the kids and they asked if he would bite? I said "No, of course not". I was holding him with my left hand so I put my right index finger right in front of his mouth just to show. Of course, he saw the world's greatest opportunity and proceeded to chomp on my finger tip with everything he had. I had make sure I didn't show any pain in my face but it was excrutiating. I also lost the feeling in the tip of my finger for 2 weeks.

I had a friend that worked for a radio station. She brought one of her work mates over to my place for an interview about snakes as pets. The interviewer was interested but still quite reserved.

As the interview was going on I was hold my female olive (Sam) and explaining about how great snakes are and what good pets they can make. Mid sentence about how quite they can be Sam has a change of heart and bites me on the forearm. The lady interviewing screamed and I think she may have needed a new pair of undies.

The interview still went to air - but I'm not sure she was convinced about the advantages of snakes as pets.

LOL Pete, always the way when you say something won't happen... it usually comes back to bite you! Thanks for sharing! And any bite stories are welcome, not just snakes, more the merrier!

Hi everyone,

This probably doesnt count but, I recently bought my first snake, a lovely little chidrens hatchy. Well my son (15yrs old) asked me if the snake bites. I said yes but it doesnt hurt at all, feels like a little flick. Well, he put his hand in and sure enough she struck out and my son screemed loudly. I laughed of course, as you do! and proceeded to call him names, he showed me his finger and i could clearly see two little puncture wounds and the tiniest speck of blood in each one. After he squeezed the hell out of it... haha I didnt think that it was possible for her little fangs to puncture his skin but he just must have really really soft skin.. lmao
I still laugh everytime i think about it. lol.

Officer Nick
8)

years ago i was watching a kids show and a young steve irwin was holding an olive python,he was being asked questions and replying to oooooohs and aaaaaaahs from the audience,..
the compare of the show , i think it was a morning show with Marty Monster,asked steve if the snake would ever bite, to which steve has replied "noooo never,this girl has never bitten any body"
anyhow, as he was talking his vein in his neck had started to twich..
the olive noticed this and , as if in slow motion , stalked this twiching muscle / vein, he didnt notice because he was talking, but i did watching him on tv,
i pmsl when the snake struck and started twisting his skin on his neck..
the compare didnt notice really what was happening and steve had to say..its biting me...cut to commercial
i have seen this only once and have searched the web for a long time now to try to find it again..
if anybody else has seen it or has a link to itlet me know
baz

njmpm said:
Hi everyone,

This probably doesnt count but, I recently bought my first snake, a lovely little chidrens hatchy. Well my son (15yrs old) asked me if the snake bites. I said yes but it doesnt hurt at all, feels like a little flick. Well, he put his hand in and sure enough she struck out and my son screemed loudly. I laughed of course, as you do! and proceeded to call him names, he showed me his finger and i could clearly see two little puncture wounds and the tiniest speck of blood in each one. After he squeezed the hell out of it... haha I didnt think that it was possible for her little fangs to puncture his skin but he just must have really really soft skin.. lmao
I still laugh everytime i think about it. lol.

Officer Nick
8)

That's amazing that you had to squeeze it to make it bleed. Have you ever been bitten by a rat? You would think you're gonna bleed to death.

I was in Darwin attending a work related course with another guy who brought two large Darwin Carpets into work because he was selling them to another course member. I requested to see these beauties as they were in a pillow case. The owner produces a 2.5 m female Darwin and a 2 m Darwin male. I of cause was doing my best to sound like an expert in front of 20 other course members. Anyway, the pillow case dropped to the floor whilst the owner was holding the big female, as I bent down to pick it up I felt a substancial thump to the side of my face on my cheek bone. It completely dazed me! as I stood back up with the pilow case in my hand I realised what had happened. Blood then proceded to pour down the side of my face. The remainder of the class thought it was P--s funny. The next day I had a noticable bruise and 2 or 3 teeth marks on my cheek bone.

Cheers, Davo

Not super funny but made my toes curl.

When i worked in a reptile shop we had this adult stimmie that had never bitten any one...... well this couple cam in and i said this was a very friendly snake had never bitten etc.

I opened the door and stuck my hand in to wake up the snake and then get it out...... As soon as i touched the snake it turned around a bit my little finger but let go quickly when it relised i wasnt food.......... I proceded to tell the customers abotu the snake with my finder bleeding and later when i went ut teh back to clean it up found a tooth in my finger .

mine was today i was showing this girl i like my big boy monty and was saying how calm he was when he turned and grabed me on the calf now that hurt mind you she thought it was funny un till he looked at her thenit was get it away from me lol

great stories guy's! keep 'em coming... the more bloood and pain, the better! would love to see that 'steve irwin' footage sssnakeman, that guy is such a tosser!

My first Jungle was a MEAN girl but at one stage I thought I had her worked out.

I wanted to show a mate her and tried to get her out of the enclosure....He said be careful and I said it's cool I'm used to her now....so being a showoff I just wnet in and tried to grab her....predictably she tagged me but not just once she got me over and over again but trying to keep my pride I just kept trying...my mate thought it was hilarious while I got tagged constantly!!

Finally gave up and left with my tail between my legs (and a bloody hand) and my mate never letting me live it down to this day...(this was over 6 years ago and he still brings it up!!)

Some council workers had been cleaning up after a storm. They lifted some rubbish and found what they thought was a baby Brown Snake. Being a licenced catcher I got called to go and get the litter fella. Once I got there I found it was a Little Whip Snake, venomous, but basically harmless.
One of the Council workers was an attractive young lady, so, being a single bloke I thought it my duty to try and chat her up. 8) Whilst chatting to her I reached down and picked up the snake. After telling her what a great bloke I was :lol: I noticed a funny look on her face. The snake had got hold of my finger and was have a good chew. Bite No 1 - dry bite. After calming her down after her initial panic, I recommenced chatting to her. You would think I would have put the snake in a bag, but no, too busy chatting the young lady up. Bite No 2- not a dry bite. The little fella had finally had enough of me holding him and let me have it. Nothing serious but still stung like a b##ch. Needless to say, I didn't get far with the young lass.

Re: RE: Most embarrasing snakebite moment...

ssssnakeman said:
years ago i was watching a kids show and a young steve irwin was holding an olive python,he was being asked questions and replying to oooooohs and aaaaaaahs from the audience,..
the compare of the show , i think it was a morning show with Marty Monster,asked steve if the snake would ever bite, to which steve has replied "noooo never,this girl has never bitten any body"
anyhow, as he was talking his vein in his neck had started to twich..
the olive noticed this and , as if in slow motion , stalked this twiching muscle / vein, he didnt notice because he was talking, but i did watching him on tv,
i pmsl when the snake struck and started twisting his skin on his neck..
the compare didnt notice really what was happening and steve had to say..its biting me...cut to commercial
i have seen this only once and have searched the web for a long time now to try to find it again..
if anybody else has seen it or has a link to itlet me know
baz

That is a very olive thing

RE: Re: RE: Most embarrasing snakebite moment...

i didnt know that raptor, is that a voice of experience,lol
so far i am the only person i know who has seen this particular clip

I saw some of the Irwins home videos the other day on foxtel.

had some awesome stuff on it....steve got chomped I don't know how many times by who knows how many snakes...he even got munched by a croc!

It was brilliant!

I've had more embarrassing "crapped on" stories than bite ones, usually most of my bites have happened within moments after i've made comments like, "oh he's gorgeous, he's never bitten me" I've copped a childrens biting me on the ear lobe (didn't that bleed like hell) while he was sitting on my shoulder- but the almost bite was from my bhp that was sitting on my neck, then decided to go down my sleeve and i opened up my shirt in time to see him soflty nudging a soft spott just under my arm and getting a lil too close to a sensitive area when i remebered "hey thats what the woma did before he latched on" so i quickly distracted Hannibal from that nice warm fleshy bit before he decided to have a taste test himself. That would 've been a hard one to show pics of if he had bitten.

Simone.

When building the outside lizard cage with my dad, I put the cunninghams out in it to get some sun, the cage wasn't finished but they couldn't escape at that time. Anyway I needed to drill some screws or something in the coner where the female was sitting, they sometimes kicked up a fuss when handled but were usually ok, I'm guessing this one was a bit tense in its new environment because I had only just reached out to shift her when she clamped onto my pinkie :( dad was pissing himself laughing at me while I showed him the situation to hopefully get a bit of help. After about 5mins she released me, and i was left picking the fragments of my fingernail out of my skin, she now belongs to someone else :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back