Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: Most embarrasing snakebite moment...

i bought a big female bredli off a lady down the road, when i went to go pic it up from her house she said to me to do you mind getting it out? no worries i said she "dont worry it has never bitten anyone my son can handle it but i hate snakes" ok she was up in her branch looking out and i reached in to grab her out and BANG she grabed my hand can started constricting it hand boy blood was dripping everywere.
finaly after about 15 minutes atlest, we got her off then the lady tells me he hasent fed her in a month and they were defrosting rats to feed the other snakes THANKS LADY but she was nice

sssnakeman that tv show was called "the early bird show" i remember the same show it was very funny thanks for the memories LOL

I saw some of the Irwins home videos the other day on foxtel.

had some awesome stuff on it....steve got chomped I don't know how many times by who knows how many snakes...he even got munched by a croc!

It was brilliant!
:lol: nothing beats watching old stevo getting tagged, my favorite would have to be the lacy bite, or maybe when the carpet bit him and he fell in the water :lol: :lol: :lol:

My most embarrasing snake bite moment was when my young cousin(about 10 or less) got a feeding reaction from my then small mac infront of a heap of family and stuff. I forgot that he had pet rats :oops: It was only a little bite but i think it got him addicted :lol: :D

I got bitten on the nose by a blonde mac. Opened her draw up to clean her out . Wasnt even close to the drawer, hadnt stuck my nose over to see where she was, she just flew out , no warning , nothingand got me on the nose. Didnt hurt but bled heaps

Also prolly doesnt count, but i seen Steve Erwin on TV get bit by a Taipan on the nose...It was a bit of a miss and more of a gaze but he was out bush and was ****tin himself...His cameraman was checkin his nose to see if any venom had entered, but they decided it wasnt too serious...He's still alive so it couldnt of been that bad...LoL

sssnakeman that tv show was called "the early bird show" i remember the same show it was very funny thanks for the memories LOL
did you watch the show where fritze maatens kangaroo ,rags, went to town on marty monster..now that was funny to,,kicked him to the ground,
those were the days,,what ever happened to fritz? i used to go and see his band 'fritz and the nullabor cats" in dandinog ,prince mark hotel i think,and we used to live near the monbulk animal kingdom

Does anyone remember the Logies a few years back? (I think it was the logies anyway). Steve Irwin had one of his big pythons on the stage and he lost his balance. As he fell the snake's head fell into the lap of one of the Channel 10 people, biting him right in the groin area and causing quite a bit of damage.

Don't know who it is more embarrassing for Steve Irwin or the person who got bitten.

My most embarrassing moment was when I got my first python from Afro. I had it at home and my mum had come over. I was busy showing it to her and she asked if it was bitey. I said "No" and Monty then bit me between the eyes. :oops: Lucky he was only a Childreni.

I've only had a few bites and then only when the snakes are aroused for feeding but last night I was given a fright. I was cleaning poo out of the tank (a converted fish tank so I have to reach in from the top) I was reaching my full arms length in with my face over the top of the tank concentrating on the bottom where the poo was. When I focussed back in front of my face I noticed by bredli was licking my nose. She didn't bite and wasn't going to but I wasn't expecting it. I got a shock and jumped backwards- much to my wife's amusement and entertainment.

My worst/most embarrassing tag was from an escapee. I woke up one morning so incredibly hung over and went to freshen up and have a shower, when i got into the bathroom i got my kit off and threw them on the floor. Then i noticed my jocks moving around and saw my escaped childrens python angrily moving around underneath. I went over bent down and put one hand on the middle of her body and one knee on the ground quite close to her and then tried to grab her head with my other hand. Any how while she was writhing around and before i could grab her head she tagged me on the inside of my right leg, oh so very close to the familly jewls.

Needless to say i was in a little bit of shock after that.

What would you have done if????

waruikazi said:
My worst/most embarrassing tag was from an escapee. I woke up one morning so incredibly hung over and went to freshen up and have a shower, when i got into the bathroom i got my kit off and threw them on the floor. Then i noticed my jocks moving around and saw my escaped childrens python angrily moving around underneath. I went over bent down and put one hand on the middle of her body and one knee on the ground quite close to her and then tried to grab her head with my other hand. Any how while she was writhing around and before i could grab her head she tagged me on the inside of my right leg, oh so very close to the familly jewls.

Needless to say i was in a little bit of shock after that.

Hey waruikazi! What would you have done if it had of grabbed the jewels and did'nt let go? :? I'd like to see you explain that one to the quacks as you get a tetanus shot. ROTFPMLSTC

RE: What would you have done if????

We had some friends from work over and i was showing this lady a jungle after dinner when i had had a few beers...I slid open the glass door and the yearling struck so hard it fell into the water bowl. I was bleeding and she was laughing

shamous1 said:
Does anyone remember the Logies a few years back? (I think it was the logies anyway). Steve Irwin had one of his big pythons on the stage and he lost his balance. As he fell the snake's head fell into the lap of one of the Channel 10 people, biting him right in the groin area and causing quite a bit of damage.

Apparently quite a few Victorian demonstrators put in complaints to DSE (IMO rightly so) about that particular incident. And by the looks of it, unless he came come up with an extreamly good reason, he's basically been banned from showing in Vic.

I wonder if he is banned from doing so again in Victoria. He is Steve Irwin you know. A certain amount of favouritism probably will exist for SPECIAL people like him. :roll:

My story doesn't so much embarrass me - more so the snake. I was holding a friends 4month old spotted curled in my hand with my thumb in the air. She prepared to strike at my thumb and completely missed, sailing over my hand and landing on the bed. She has now learnt to hold on with her tail :)

I did'nt think you could have exotic snakes in Australia in private collections. How did they get the flying snake into the country? :lol:

I got bitten the first time i was around a snake.. The owner had to go away for work, so she got her mum to take care of them, one day her grandmother had to do it so she asked me if i would help. I'd killed the rats and went up stairs to feed them. but i decided to clean the cage first. She was a large water python and she got me on the wrist. By jingo did the grandmaother scream. I've been hooked ever since.

A friend of mine was cleaning out her scrubby enclosure last week and got taged on the ribs. Needded stiching but cause it's an animal bite the doctors wouldn't do it. Her scrubby is at least 10ft if not bigger. I was impressed.

one day at my uncle he had a 7 ft olive over my shoulders, i remember i had mouse scent all over my hands, so trying to be smart i put my hands in my pockets and said do you think my hands are right in my pockets with the reply, they should be fine, only to feel something chewing on my wrist, the bloody thing tried eating me. the next day i went to get him out again, only this time wacked me a real good one, teeth imprint everywhere, then the following day, same snake almost bite me on the face.
been bitten on the eye by my diamond. left me with a black eye.
another time, funny story, the whole boy cried wolf thing. my aunty was visting one time and was left alone and i screamed it bit me it bit me, she came running with a serious look on her face with me laughing so hard, next time she visited i went to get the same snake out but this time it got me, and again i said it bit me it bit me, she said yeah yeah until i showed her my blood covered hand. haha she almost fainted, ive never seen someone so worried and run around like a headless chook.

I have two stories a funny and a stupid. Both involve some amount alcohol induced behaviour.

First the funny. After heading to the pub with some mates, one mate came back to see my spotteds. I was showing him how the male food oriented python would identify that my hand isn't food and leave it alone. I was holding my closed hand within the enclosure with the male coming forward and checking my hand and pulling away back into 'strike pose' while talking to my mate BAM massive strike and constrict around my hand and wrist. Not a huge amount of blood but my pride and ego took a bashing.

The stupid. Walking home after a night at the pub at 3am I see in the gutter a small snake like shape illuminated by a street light directly above. I looked and thought "looks like a snake". The snake appeared to be a solid black colour. I leant down and poked to see if it was dead, it didn't move so I poked it again to be sure. It moved suddenly and hissed at me, I then saw a flash of red and the red and black finally registered. I jumped about few feet backwards with my arms high in the air and promptly left it alone and walked home.

LEARN FROM MY STUPIDITY PEOPLE!!!

PS this kind of behaviour has ceased some years ago. (I now catch taxi's :))

OK heres another. (by the way I'm loving these so keep em coming :) )
I worked at a local petshop a few years ago and I couldn't get enough of feeding the fish, the easiest job there was, if it was a busy day the red devil and oscar tanks sometimes drew a small crowd as they got into feeding frenzy mod, so I'd feed them slowly and put on a bit of a show, anyway I was resting my hand on the top of the oscar tank and looking away because i was talking to someone, i was well aware they often jump for food as I often hand fed them but this guy caught be by surprise, latching on and splashing me as it thrashed around trying to break my finger off, hurt a bit to and made me look like an idiot :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back