Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First Snake

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if all Bredli's are like mine but I could not be happier with mine.

never missed a meal
perfect sheds
perfect handler (has never tagged me)
Settled in straight away without worry
very easy to care for.

provide the basics and you should be golden.

zuesowns how old is your Bredli & how long have you had it? I just got my little girl, Matilda, on tuesday. She is almost 7mths old & exactly as yours she 2 is friendly & has settled in straight away! After just 1 night in her click clack inside the big enclosure, she was ready to get out, & then 1 day later, had her first feed (with me anyway ;)) She is coming up for a shed, so im hoping that also goes smoothly!

In saying that though, a friend of mine has a 4year old, regulary handled Bredli, who still doesnt think too much of us humans, while her Black & Gold Yearling is super friendly! All snakes are different i guess!

Last edited:
In saying that though, a friend of mine has a 4year old, regulary handled Bredli, who still doesnt think too much of us humans, while her Black & Gold Yearling is super friendly! All snakes are different i guess!

the exception that proves the rule.

How many of you ended up getting the snake that everyone recommended?

I know I didn't. I thought I had my heart set on a stimsons but ended up getting a sub-adult carpet python as my first. That was 4 yrs ago and I still have her. She is still my favourite.

Yup, I would never select ANYTHING IN LIFE soley by what is recommended, I would research, research some more, then some more, see what I was most attracted to and make my decision based on what suited my situation the best.

I have learned SO MUCH in this last month and went with my gut, based on the information I was given and bought a python i LOVED, not just one that other people thought suited me best. It's so important to do this if you intend to keep your python for life (I understand some people aquire some never intending to keep them for life and this is cool, they're cycling partners for their other snakes, trying to improve a breeding line etc etc - but for those of us who don't intend on getting more than one (or 2) it's SO important to go with your gut.

How many of you ended up getting the snake that everyone recommended?

I know I didn't. I thought I had my heart set on a stimsons but ended up getting a sub-adult carpet python as my first. That was 4 yrs ago and I still have her. She is still my favourite.

well, i wasnt recommended a particular snake, but i did have my heart set on an olive as my first and took peoples advice that that probably wasnt a good idea,...

really glad i did (take the advice) as i have no idea how id handle it considering the size it would be by now,....

while i still think theyre absolutely gorgeous (and would love one if i had someone to help with feeding etc), i have no intentions of getting one anymore.

zuesowns how old is your Bredli & how long have you had it? I just got my little girl, Matilda, on tuesday. She is almost 7mths old & exactly as yours she 2 is friendly & has settled in straight away! After just 1 night in her click clack inside the big enclosure, she was ready to get out, & then 1 day later, had her first feed (with me anyway ;)) She is coming up for a shed, so im hoping that also goes smoothly!

My bredli is 17 months old. I got it when it was 6 months old. almost 1.5m and very docile - I can touch his head, hold his head, touch his nose without issue - but I have been getting him used to that since I got him....the most he does is "sigh" at me if I keep touching his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back