Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So after reading the posts of the "Party for Regional-Specific Intergrades" that these populations have an Arian Race like breeding strategy and will only breed with similar animals! Or seeing as these populations are not geographically distinct thus overlapping with caprets sub-species that of course the gene pool would diluted by animals from either side of their location. IMO the only real hard line that we can spout is that there is wild ocurring transitional forms of carpets, that occur when there is no geographic no-mans land to prevent sub-species interbreeding. This is basic Darwins theory of evolution, and if you can prove him wrong you wouldnt be here, you would be off collecting your Nobel Prize.

So what are you saying ihaveherps?

The most beautiful woman I know (short of my wife & reptililian) is a hybrid!!

dugaduga...
In the kempsy Port Macquarie area Intergrades are found and have been breeding with intergrades for thousands of years, NO coastals, NO diamonds.
Dicco...
Intergrade is where one thing gradually comes together with another, or when one thing gradually changes from one thing, to another, the key word is gradually, why on earth the definition of words magicly change for snakes is beond me.

to help clear up this stuff. All the carpet sub-species developed slight variations to deal with differing habitats ie. natural selection. these natural intergrades, the Port Macs for example could very well be the transitional animals between coastals and diamonds, but no-one can say that the linage is 100% pure as if they are transitional then they were coastal slowly becoming diamond, thus when did they decide not to breed with the more perfect diamonds, or even with the coastals to the north?

I suppose my point is that some peoples opinion that these can only be bred pure is just that, an opinion. Breeding these natural intergrades is really up to the judgement of the owner as to what to breed to it, although they carry the responsability of correctly informing future owners of linage. Some peoples extreme views on this subject are beyond reason.

Please dont take from this that i approve of hybrid snakes, bacuase i dont!!!! Just in this situation there is no clear line between the two sub-species and in the wild the animals primal urges would outweigh colour and creed.

Ps. nice snake PJ64, how about a pic of the women you are refering to, we got to see the snake!!!

This has become a most interesting thread. 8)

See what happens when you post a mongrel, albeit a gorgeous one! :wink:

and you think people are going to be knocking your door down because of the "Natural Intergrade" even though it may be true?

OK, so what species should I have this girl on my licence as. currently she is merely morelia spilota. And I will ask Mei-Ling if I can post her photo on the net.

TrueBlue said:
OK, Ive got one here on the front row, close enough to get splashed with all that frolicing going on.
Pmsl you need a raincoat TB,pass the Dorritos please :)

Hey zulu worrior, pass me that cloth, my dam sunnys keep fogging up.
Here have the whole pack, dont like barbecue flavor, * passes zulu worrior Dorritos *

ihaveherps said:
dugaduga...
In the kempsy Port Macquarie area Intergrades are found and have been breeding with intergrades for thousands of years, NO coastals, NO diamonds.
Dicco...
Intergrade is where one thing gradually comes together with another, or when one thing gradually changes from one thing, to another, the key word is gradually, why on earth the definition of words magicly change for snakes is beond me.

to help clear up this stuff. All the carpet sub-species developed slight variations to deal with differing habitats ie. natural selection. these natural intergrades, the Port Macs for example could very well be the transitional animals between coastals and diamonds, but no-one can say that the linage is 100% pure as if they are transitional then they were coastal slowly becoming diamond, thus when did they decide not to breed with the more perfect diamonds, or even with the coastals to the north?

I suppose my point is that some peoples opinion that these can only be bred pure is just that, an opinion. Breeding these natural intergrades is really up to the judgement of the owner as to what to breed to it, although they carry the responsability of correctly informing future owners of linage. Some peoples extreme views on this subject are beyond reason.

Please dont take from this that i approve of hybrid snakes, bacuase i dont!!!! Just in this situation there is no clear line between the two sub-species and in the wild the animals primal urges would outweigh colour and creed.

Ps. nice snake PJ64, how about a pic of the women you are refering to, we got to see the snake!!!

I challange anyone to find a carpet or a diamond in the Port Mac reigion! In all the years i went to Port Macquaire all i found was .....port macs....what a suprise. Same with every other person i know that has been and looked there, thats quite a few people, including people that live there.

There is no breeding with carpets or diamonds, it just doesn't happen.

Peter said:-
OK, so what species should I have this girl on my licence as. currently she is merely morelia spilota.
:?:

I reckon you're right with Morelia spilota, Peter.
NPWS have got a category just for specimens such as yours, called "Carpet and Diamond Complex". It's code# is C2825.

Is that the code you've registered it as?

dugadugabowbow, glad your keen to nut this out, no hard feelings in this.

i understand the homogenous snakes you have come about in your travels, but my arguement is about the ficticious boundaries that these snakes will not cross. In my understanding the diamond pattern is quite strong genetically, and therefore my understanding is that fringe animals would inbreed with a ripple effect throughout the area to help produce the homogenous stock.

More so, would you prefer people to be putting Port Macs over diamonds and claiming a pure diamond? IMO do your best to find same locality, otherwise improvise to best ability but be honest (my position on this was cemented by my post in regards jungles). My problem comes with not being geographically isolated and claiming pure genetics. Even proven pure geographically isolated localities show marked difference within their range, sothere must be some animals around Port Mac that show favour either of the two sub-species. (stopping before the plot is lost and get another drink)

dugaduga... and lurkers please put Dorito's down and input!

zen said:
Peter said:-
OK, so what species should I have this girl on my licence as. currently she is merely morelia spilota.
:?:

I reckon you're right with Morelia spilota, Peter.
NPWS have got a category just for specimens such as yours, called "Carpet and Diamond Complex". It's code# is C2825.

Is that the code you've registered it as?

Yes, Zen, thats where she is

It's the same as any boundry for any animal, what do you think stops diamonds moving north? Carpets moving south? Green pythons moving outside of their small range?

Climate and enviroment is what stops various animals going futher.

When i got my Port Macs 8yrs ago things were more clear cut people seemed to understand the differences. The breeder i got them off had got them from his property at wachope.

The further north we traveled the less of everything we saw, my thoughts were they were thinning out, but still still saw no carpets, it would seem that the chances of the two meeting for long enough to successfully mate would be at long odds at best.

Hey Dicco, check the melons on that one!!!!!!!!

The most beautiful woman I know (short of my wife & reptililian) is a hybrid!!
Do you think I'm pretty, Pete?! Thanks! Is this based on my phone voice and good use of punctuation? :wink: If the Mei-Ling of which you speak is a French/Chinese microbiologist, I know her too and yes, she is a stunning woman!

No, she's my receptionist, and Australian/Philippino. Sorry. and you have already stated that you are a babe on this site. I merely beleived you. Hey they made you a moderator.

And you believed me? :mrgreen: If you rub dragons under the chin for long enough they start to purr like a cat, too!

Parko said:
Interestingly enough if you breed 2 different types of gum tree's togethor the offspring are called hybrids.

Because those 2 different types are two different species.

ihaveherps said:
these natural intergrades, the Port Macs for example could very well be the transitional animals between coastals and diamonds, but no-one can say that the linage is 100% pure as if they are transitional then they were coastal slowly becoming diamond

I think you'll find the general consensus is that originally diamonds and carpets overlapped in this area, and started to interbreed. They continued to interbreed and the population became what it is today. It is not the missing link between carpets and diamonds.

If carpets and diamonds aren't found in the area, then obviously some environmental factor has isolated the population, which will have enhanced the rate at which they are diverging from the parent populations.

ihaveherps also said:
This is basic Darwins theory of evolution, and if you can prove him wrong you wouldnt be here, you would be off collecting your Nobel Prize.

Actually, you'd get the Nobel Prize if you could prove him correct. Darwin's Theory is exactly that, a theory. It has never been proven. And there are other alternate theories involving punctuated evolution and hopeful monsters, some of which may have credence.

:p

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back