Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pmsl boa,

must be a lot of mongrels around, even a few exotis mongrels also..........

cheers,
steve...............

Manny, I think we have to remember that different people have different likes and dislikes and those views shouldn't be criticised by either side. It would be a very boring world if we all liked the same things. I can appreciate any snake regardless of it's lineage but that's not to say my view is right or wrong.

Steve, yeah I reckon there are a few exotic mongrel GTP's around :)

boa said:
Definitely no IJ in it from what I can work out. Pure Jag and Jungle seems to be the only blood.

if it has jag it has IJ then.

Jags are pure McDowelli, I know some think they had IJ to start with but it is pretty well universally accepted from a pure coastal/coastal breeding.

http://www.reptilicusreptiles.net/htm2/pythons_jaguar.htm

The Jaguar is a rare genetic mutation that originates, oddly enough, from the Coastal Carpet Python. A private breeder from Norway produced the very first Jaguar back in 1994 while breeding a pair of seemingly normal mcdowelli together. This new trait was proven to be genetic in 1994. From that point forward, the Jaguar has generally been assumed to be of a co-dominant nature. This is because when a Jaguar is bred to normal unrelated mcdowelli, they produce an average of 50% true Jaguars and 50% "normal" appearing siblings per clutch. However, considering the complexity and extreme variability of this morph, we believe the Jaguar to be of a multi-genetic nature (capable of passing on a number of different aberrant genes).

boa said:
Jags are pure McDowelli, I know some think they had IJ to start with but it is pretty well universally accepted from a pure coastal/coastal breeding.

Obviously not universally accepted then is it? I maintain its IJ and I cant be swayed without a full linage of the animals right back to their removal from Aus.

NIIICE. I like the lil fellas.

I like my reptiles for their looks and personalities. I think it is good that people know the locality of their animals but I don't purchase just because of this. I will however, state whether the locality is know or unkown when it comes to selling their offspring. I just feel it is ethically correct to do business this way.

I currently do not have any morphs or hybrids, however saying this, I would be quite willing to depart with my hard earned cash for a kick ass looking hybrid or two or three. :lol:

I keep my collection because I enjoy going into my herp room and watching these beautiful specimens. That is why I buy them. I think there are a few more people that feel this way, but just choose to sit on the fence in silence. :wink: 8)

I actually said 'pretty well universally accepted' which allows for the odd few :D Don't get me wrong, it's good that you have your own view it's just that everyone with first hand knowledge of the animals seems to accept their lineage.

peterescue said:
boa said:

Obviously not universally accepted then is it? I maintain its IJ and I cant be swayed without a full linage of the animals right back to their removal from Aus.

I currently do not have any morphs or hybrids, however saying this, I would be quite willing to depart with my hard earned cash for a kick back side looking hybrid or two or three.

I keep my collection because I enjoy going into my herp room and watching these beautiful specimens. That is why I buy them. I think there are a few more people that feel this way, but just choose to sit on the fence in silence.

Here here

go glimmerman.........
but be careful, it isn't right just to want to like your snakes, you must like them and know where they came from, i know where all mine came from, i just have to check my licence book and it tells me the sellers addresses,
so all my snakes are known location types, i'm also willing to give 100% proof of where they came from...........

i really want to know how many herpers keep what they think to be ugly reptiles.............

cheers,
steve........

hi jason,
thats fine, at least you have a reason , not everybody likes the same thing or we would all be bored out of our mind,

there are lots of morphs and hybrids that i don't like also, but there are also pure snakes and reptiles that i'd never own as well,

i have to like what i own, where or how it came about isn't as important to me as the looks..........

cheers,
steve...........

peterescue said:
boa said:

They are definately Orignally coastal. The first jags were produced from a coastal tri-stripe in the US by a breeder named...? I can find out... should have an answer for you by this arvo and i lineage history.

boa said:
it's just that everyone with first hand knowledge of the animals seems to accept their lineage.
how many is that and how many are posting here. That would be a big duck I egg wouldn't it?

I am extremely doubtful that the animals can be trraced back in entirety back to Australia.
Add to this the common misconception that a lot of species that are pandemic to the Oceanic region are often mistakenly represented as Australian when they in fact come from PNG, Irain Jaya(West Papua) or Islands this side of the Wallace line.

They actually originated in Norway and I seem to recall the parents were just normal coloured coastals.

waruikazi said:
They are definately Orignally coastal. The first jags were produced from a coastal tri-stripe in the US by a breeder named...? I can find out... should have an answer for you by this arvo and i lineage history.

go glimmerman.........
but be careful, it isn't right just to want to like your snakes, you must like them and know where they came from, i know where all mine came from, i just have to check my licence book and it tells me the sellers addresses,
so all my snakes are known location types, i'm also willing to give 100% proof of where they came from...........

I know where they came from ,they are in my records (minus the GPRS bearings). :D
I know where I came from and i just realised....
I am actually a Hybrid and I know my locality and lineage. It's on my Birth Certificate. :wink:
Why can't this hybridisation concept be acceptible in Reptilia Land? :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back