Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakehead

Reaction score
I want to buy a snake, I live in Newcastle and I dont know what would be a suitable snake as this would be my first snake

Snakehead i will recommend you to get snake which is easy to handle. CHildreni is usually best choice for beginners. I started with Diamond Python and had no problem. Do you wont smaller snake?

I got a bredl, and 2 weeks or so later a NT carpet, and the Bredl was the better choice by far. :) Bredl's look good and are so far easy to look after :)

Any of the carpet pythons are great.
There are quite a few to chose from.
It would be best to start with a juvenile/hatchling and there just aren't that many around at the moment but you may be able to find something for sale in the Newcastle area.

My first, and only snake is a Diamond. He's fantastic, very calm and placid. So far i've had no trouble with him at all. I was told starting with a diamond would be difficult, but so far so good. Next when i save my dollars, i'm going to get a Bredl. Lets hope there as easy. Maybe i've been spoilt.

You cant go wrong with a Childrens Python (or Maculosa or Stimsons)
but for colours a diamond or bredli are the go
All are placid snakes by nature.
And wait a couple of months - we'll all be knee deep in hatchlings!
Its pointless to try and buy something right now, small range to choose from.

Well MM not many of us are as lucky as you hehehehehehe :lol: You will love bredl's kitty_wench :)

generaly my first snake was a whipsnake wen i was about 8 before the licence but it escaped in my garage. My first real pet snake registered was a diamond, than a darwin carpet. The diamond has never bitten in the 2 yrs i hav had her. The darwin carpet was agro as all hell for the first 4 months or so, now he is like a little baby.
If ya ask me any of the anteresia species is a good first snake unless ya hav enough room for wen the diamond is an adult.

Mine is a Diamond X Coastal. Gorgeous little bugger, very sweet and tame :D

If you check out m y gallery there is some pics of my coastal/diamond. She is awesome. She was used by WIRES to educate schools etc. so naturally she had to be tame.

The first snake that i got was a Stimsoni, and I was told that they are the easiest snakes to look after. But I must have bought a really stuborn B*TCH. In the 3 months that I have had her she hasn't eat'n. She's a hatchling so she should be eating at least every week and a half. I bought a bredli 4 weeks ago and must say that she eats really well and is very placid.

craigc, some hatchlings won't eat for some time as they will get their nutrients from the yolk residiul.Plus it may be to cold or something.Just keep trying each week and see how you go.
Snakehead,my first snakes were coastal x diamonds and they've been great since day one.

I have the same problem with my intergrade Craig. Has only eaten once in it's life since it has hatched. It's still a Hatchlie though. That info makes perfect sense seth!

I had a coastal first it was great then i got beardies then i got a bloody snappy hatchling childreni it calmed down from a bit of handling then i got a water dragon hatchie then a stimson it was snappy till it settled in then thats it and there all great i was thinking about getting a 10 month old diamond the other day but i didnt want it

Hi snakehead, if you want a larger snake and something placid, you can?t go past a Murray Darling, they are very good-natured.
Shame you are in Newcastle, cause I?m thinking of selling my 8-month-old female in about 6 weeks time.
Cheers Artie

How much Artie?

P.S I have no intention of buying. Just want to get a price idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back