Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest water pythons for a first snake.These are very territorial and will snap and bite at anything that comes near there enclosure.This will get you over the fear of being bitten and you can then accomplish owning any species you desire.

It is best to avoid being bitten not only for your own safety but it can damage the inside of the snakes mouth and can leed to medical problems such as mouth rot

Incase you havent noticed, I Havent replied to EVERY message Fangs, I replied to NM reply, giving what I think about being bitten.

P.S. Snakehead, get a hatchlie if possible. As hatchlies they cant puncture the skin, so if it is a snappy snake, you can get adjusted to the pain as the snakes fangs grow :D

Well I was told that they cant. My friend was bitten by my Snake when she pet him on the head . There was no blood.

Even when our Maccies were hatchies they could draw blood too

i have been bitten by hatchies and not drawn blood, but yes they do not hurt nearly as much and even if they do draw blood you cant really feel it, IMO.

Dont ever get bitten by a hatchling pygmy python they tend to not release there grip.My last female grabbed hold of my leg untill it consumed my boot,laces and all.Believe me or not its true.It had even digested the leather almost completely when it had passed through the snake.

The problem, getting bitten by a hatchling, (especially for a newby, not being used to getting bitten) is, that one pulls away (pure reaction), and actually pull out some of the snakes teeth, which can lead to infection and a lot of problems.
Cheers Artie

My first (and only so far) snake is a coastal M Sp mcdowellii , I reccomend them! Mine is three years old very very placid, never strikes or bite even under rather extreme provacation at times(my kids). I'm told most snakes can be snappy as babies but soon settle and become used to handling if your gentle and considerate. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back