Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeluvver

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi my friend just moved overseas and left me with his GTP's enclosure, with is 150cm long, 60cm deep and 180cm high. Is this enclosure a good size for a Carpet Python? And if so, which species of carpet would be best suited to this size enclosure? I would love to get a Carpet Python in the next few months or maybe longer, but I'd like to know if this is a good setup. Thanks.

Whats a good Carpet Python. I love jungles, and i know theyre sometimes snappy but not all of them :)

I have a jungle python, had her a few weeks now. At the start she was snappy but she hasn't striked since the first few days. My enclosure is 120cm high, 104 cm long and 60 cm deep. I would say that your enclosure is a good size for a carpet, just have a few hides (1-2) at both end. Hope this helps.
Brad

since its so high you should really look at any arboreal carpet python, so a jungle should be good if ur keen on them..but youd have to look at getting one thats at least 2 years old

Thank you. I was worried it was a bit too high as i heard that if an enclosure is too high it messes with the temperature. Would it be ok for a Diamond Python (thats another carpet python im considering)

Hi my friend just moved overseas and left me with his GTP's enclosure, with is 150cm long, 60cm deep and 180cm high. Is this enclosure a good size for a Carpet Python? And if so, which species of carpet would be best suited to this size enclosure? I would love to get a Carpet Python in the next few months or maybe longer, but I'd like to know if this is a good setup. Thanks.

This would be ideal for any morelia species with the exception of the scrub python...As you have good height...either the coastal or darwin...with coastal being the cheapest and easiest..there are others such as Bredli or BHP...but at about $150 or less a coastal carpet is the cheapest option and if you get the right one can be quite friendly..the best thing is find a local breeder close by who will let you view the adults and the young..you can then chose one that both looks good or is not snappy to start with.

This would be ideal for any morelia species with the exception of the scrub python...As you have good height...either the coastal or darwin...with coastal being the cheapest and easiest..there are others such as Bredli or BHP...but at about $150 or less a coastal carpet is the cheapest option and if you get the right one can be quite friendly..the best thing is find a local breeder close by who will let you view the adults and the young..you can then chose one that both looks good or is not snappy to start with.
Really? BHP's? Aren't they terrestrial?

it would suit any carpet python so its really up to you which YOU choose. Diamonds are great all round, ie price ,looks,temperament, size...Once you choose your snake we can make you a rock wall for that one too. We can make it with the basking shelves to suit your particular snake. And PM sent for your spotted enclosure quote.

it would suit any carpet python so its really up to you which YOU choose. Diamonds are great all round, ie price ,looks,temperament, size...Once you choose your snake we can make you a rock wall for that one too. We can make it with the basking shelves to suit your particular snake. And PM sent for your spotted enclosure quote.
Thanks, when I fill it I will DEFINITELY get you guys to decorate it, I suck at decorating.

Thanks, I was worried that it may be a bit too tall. I know Carpet Pythons are arboreal but I didn't think they liked to climb THAT high!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back